The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should just be able to hit the "STEP" button again to turn it back on. OFF is just one of the available STEPs.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,603 Posts
You should just be able to hit the "STEP" button again to turn it back on. OFF is just one of the available STEPs.
It might not be that easy.

If EVIC is off, you might not be able to see EVIC's display, so you might need to remember each step to turn it back on.

I once turned mine off, everything was black, luckly I was still on that "step", so I just hit that button again and the EVIC came back to life.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It might not be that easy.

If EVIC is off, you might not be able to see EVIC's display, so you might need to remember each step to turn it back on.

I once turned mine off, everything was black, luckly I was still on that "step", so I just hit that button again and the EVIC came back to life.
How do you "turn off" the EVIC, other than with the "step" button? Didn't know you could even do that.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
298 Posts
Hi, I have turned off the EVIC display. How can I turn on?
Well, assuming you haven't smashed the crap out of your EVIC with the first hard object you see until the display finally turned off, you should be able to turn it back on by pressing all the buttons one by one, eventually one should turn the display back on. (I had a chat with someone who did this and was complaining things weren't working anymore, so I've learned to expect the unexpected)

Your owners manual should specify under the instrument cluster EVIC section how to turn the EVIC off, and how to turn it back on. It should give an illustrated picture, along with a text indicating each step of the process to turn it back on. I have an 09, so can't really help you more, but i guarantee it's in your owners manual.

Good luck, you should comment when you do turn it back on, and what the steps are as another member might have the same problem in the future, and when they come and search the thread in 4 years they can try what worked for you.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,603 Posts
How do you "turn off" the EVIC, other than with the "step" button? Didn't know you could even do that.
It should be possible, but I don't know how.

To turn a black EVIC back on:
Press those keys in this order:

1. BACK
  2. BACK
  3. BACK
  4. ARROW DOWN
  5. ARROW DOWN
  6. ARROW DOWN
  7. ARROW DOWN
  8. ARROW DOWN
  9. ARROW DOWN
  10. ARROW DOWN
  11. ARROW DOWN
  12. ARROW DOWN
  13. ARROW RIGHT
  14. Hit BACK again then ARROW UP before you turn your EVIC off again!
That should do it.

Let us know! ;)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I just browsed my '14 owner's manual. It makes short mention of the option to turn the menu off, then moves on to another topic. Nothing about turning it back on. I read til the end of the EVIC section. Nothing. Maybe it's in another manual insert somewhere.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Assuming the menu still functions in the background.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,603 Posts
Assuming the menu still functions in the background.
Assuming EVIC was previously turned off, as O.P. did.

Even if you could find instructions on how to turn it back on on your owner's manual, it would not be any good if EVIC is not working for other reasons.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Oh, I totally overlooked what section we are in.

·
5000 Club
5,716 Posts
Oh, I totally overlooked what section we are in.
No big deal. You're far from the first. Only thing is you may get more responses if you put it on the 5th Gen forum. That said, it looks like you have some good responses here.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No such thing on a third gen. If we're talking the trip computer, the suggestions of post #2, pushing step should turn it back on. But, I don't know if this relates, but on my mom's 99 GM minivan, the trip computer just stopped working, until we had to replace the battery. Then it worked again for a day or two and stopped. Possibly a faulty module.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts