The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 chrysler town and country... for some odd reason my embrace light illuminates and stays on if I hold my foot on the brake(brake peddle is also making a blowing or vacuum type sound while I press it) at let's say a traffic light. Brake booster good, check valve good, master cylinder good vacuum pump good. So what in the world could possibly be the problem...smh...

Help me plzzzzz.....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
welcome

(brake peddle is also making a blowing or vacuum type sound while I press it)
don't worry about this noise, this is normal

you posted in the 4th generation section for vans from 2001-2007, but don't worry, a moderator will move your post to the 5th generation section and someone there will be able to help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome

you posted in the 4th generation section for vans from 2001-2007, but don't worry, a moderator will move your post to the 5th generation section and someone there will be able to help
welcome

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,141 Posts
...a moderator will move your post to the 5th generation section and someone there will be able to help
Done.

Reactions: Baron

·
Registered
39 Posts
How's the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir? The level will drop a bit when you press the brake pedal; that's normal. If the level is low from from heavy pad/rotor wear, the drop in fluid level when pressing the brake pedal can kick on the brake warning light.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, but the brake warning light coming on when you press the brake pedal is pretty damning.

I would have someone press the brake pedal while you watch the reservoir. Just to rule it out.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,422 Posts
Hissing when pressing the brakes usually means a leaking booster. Is the hissing happening the whole time you're on the pedal?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,422 Posts
That's the booster then. It's rare for them to fail without brake fluid getting on them, so you should check your master cylinder for leaks too. If you see a wet spot under the master cylinder, that's a dead giveaway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's the booster then. It's rare for them to fail without brake fluid getting on them, so you should check your master cylinder for leaks too. If you see a wet spot under the master cylinder, that's a dead giveaway.
No wetspot under master cylinder

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
13,363 Posts
welcome

No, is not normal.

You probably need to recheck brake booster.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No, is not normal.
all the cars i've driven do this and didn't have brake issues at the time, they all make a "pssh" or blowing noise when you press the pedal

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,422 Posts
all the cars i've driven do this and didn't have brake issues at the time, they all make a "pssh" or blowing noise when you press the pedal
When you press it, not the whole time the pedal is down.
"pssh", not "pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh" :p

Reactions: LEVY and Baron
1 - 15 of 15 Posts