The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.

Was wondering if there was any way to disable voice command on a 430 radio. The bluetooth part of it is very annoying. When i try to make a call after starting the car, it goes into the whole, your phone is now ready..... Also, whenever I recieve a call, it tells me theres a phone call and I have to hit the accept button to accept the call. Ild like it to just be able to ring and I hit the button and answer. This is in a 2013 Dodge Caravan with an IPhone 4S.

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would be interested too... I hate the whole "Incoming Call from "Home", press uConnect Phone Button to answer"... I wish it would just start ringing, show who's calling and let me accept the call or press the phone button on the steering wheel! Its even more frustrating that you can't hit "accept" or press the phone button until the uConnect voice is done announcing the call! Ive been told several times that on the other parties end, their phone rings anywhere from 3-5 times before I can even answer the call before it rings on the Van's end!!

Help!:Wow1:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Appears that on the 430 media center if the Bluetooth option is on and the system detects a Bluetooth signal the voice prompt will activate and cannot be disabled.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Appears that on the 430 media center if the Bluetooth option is on and the system detects a Bluetooth signal the voice prompt will activate and cannot be disabled.
Can you please explain this in greater detail?

I'm referring to the "Incoming call from "Home" press uConnect phone button to answer" Is there any way to disable that and just allow me to press the uConnect button as soon as the MyGIG starts ringing through the speakers?

·
Banned
12 Posts
I installed a U-Connect system in my Pacifica as it came without it. I remember this system had an option to modify the "prompts". I can't remember how it worked but I would think the U-Connect in these new cars would also have this option in the phone menu, i.e. the list it gives you when you press the phone button either on the wheel or next to the screen.

·
Super Moderator
6,412 Posts
I installed a U-Connect system in my Pacifica as it came without it. I remember this system had an option to modify the "prompts". I can't remember how it worked but I would think the U-Connect in these new cars would also have this option in the phone menu, i.e. the list it gives you when you press the phone button either on the wheel or next to the screen.
You can disable the confirmation prompts, it helps with the Super long voice prompts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can disable the confirmation prompts, it helps with the Super long voice prompts
I know i am 10 years too late. I have a 2015 dodge, you can only disable prompts for calls and texts.

Regularly uconnect decides it needs to repair with my phone and proceeds to go into a long winded statement about it ending with asking me if it can mute audio to which i have to yell NO! in order for it to hear/understand me and not mute my audiobook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts