The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 T &C that the dash lights and map lights in the front keep going off after driving just a minute or so. It stays off while I'm driving and until it's been shut off for awhile. Then the next time I drive it they will work for awhile and then shut off again. So I can't see how it would be a fuse or bulbs out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
498 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Well, as far as fuses go, if the fuse is out then the lights won't go on at all, same goes for a bad bulb.

However, one thing to check is check the TIPM (totally integrated power module) which is essentially the fuse box. If you open it and see water or signs of water anywhere inside that, then that could easily be the cause of your issue. If you suspect water has been in there, disconnect the battery and pull out some relays and fuses there, see if there's water evidence where they've sat.

Also, you mention the interior lights, is it just the interior lights that go out or do the headlights drop out as well? Does this happen with the headlights switch in the on position and during night?

Any other issues the vehicle has?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts