The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 town and country that has given me no end of problems , last time on a trip to my son from florida to georgia, exactly half way into the journey the transmission died and had to be rebuilt, 1 year later and now the cruise control isn't working , its been fine since the rebuild and i don't think it has anything to do with that but i am going to visit my son again in a few weeks and i would like to try and sort it out, the brake lights come on but i will check the switch (when i find out how to ) also the abs light has been on for a while ,not sure if its connected to the cruise control,
when i press the button on the steering wheel nothing happens , so it could be the switch , how do i check? i looked at the fuses and they all are fine so not sure where to start
any suggestions?
thanks

·
Registered
2008 Dodge GC SXT, 3.8L 2020 Dodge GC SXT Blacktop 3.6L 328 miles
177 Posts
When my ABS light came on, my cruise control did not work either. I suppose that is a safety feature. Something causes my ABS light to come on intermittently and the cruise will not work while the light is on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i took it to midas and they told me that the steering angle sensor is the cause of the abs light and it needs to go to a dealer to fix, how much am i looking at ?

·
Registered
2008 Dodge GC SXT, 3.8L 2020 Dodge GC SXT Blacktop 3.6L 328 miles
177 Posts
Some of the guys on this forum probably know about that. Just from my experience, probably $1200 at the dealer. You might go to autozone or oreilly's to double check what Midas told you. Also, it may not be a dealer only replacement. You should do some checking first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of the guys on this forum probably know about that. Just from my experience, probably $1200 at the dealer. You might go to autozone or oreilly's to double check what Midas told you. Also, it may not be a dealer only replacement. You should do some checking first.
it might not need replacing just a computer reset , autozone dont read abs codes , i already asked , not sure why midas didn't want to do it looking at videos on you tube they have the right equipment to do it , maybe its more of a problem than i think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts