The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Chrysler town& country, 4.0. The van ran like crud today. lightning bolt, shutting off on the interstate but getting it home. I pulled a code from the dash, P0339, Crankshaft position sensor. If its not one thing,its another with this unit. My question is about the cost. Has this happened to anyone out there and if so how much is this going to set me back. Under 40 mph it runs great but still has other issues, it starts when it wants to or you get (1) one click and your at its mercy. I sure could use some encouragement. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would suggest mopar only. I have not had much success with auto part store sensors; hate replacing the same part within days. Rockauto has mopar for $50

·
3rd gen > all others
3,394 Posts
I 2nd the Mopar sensor if you can afford it. I got a Standard Products one from NAPA because it was a little cheaper than Mopar, but not a discount parts store part. It was for my sister's 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had an autozone crank sensor that failed within a year. The napa one didn't fail for the remaining time she had the Jeep (another couple of years).

I think the lightning bolt is electronic throttle sensor fault (drive by wire).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts