The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
On the intake I went to my dealership and talked with the head mechanic, his info to me was to get an meteral not metallic so the air would not pickup the heat from the piping, the pipe in the finder is still there.. after the shop reopens I'll get it tested an post it here..
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Air in the engine compartment is already too hot, that is the reason people install C.A.I.'s.

True C.A.I.'s draw air from outside the engine compartment. Your vehicle already had a C.A.I. system, but you got rid of it.

·
Registered
2011 Town & Country Touring L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Air in the engine compartment is already too hot, that is the reason people install C.A.I.'s.

True C.A.I.'s draw air from outside the engine compartment. Your vehicle already had a C.A.I. system, but you got rid of it.
Ok, so what your take on turbochargers?

·
Registered
480 Posts
If the posts are full of misconceptions then I see nothing wrong with correcting them, at least for those that perhaps are looking into installing these on their own rides. Don't worry nobody is trying to change your mind. You can live in your own little bubble if you so choose.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ah yes, the misconceptions of dyno proven results...........I'm clearly the one in a bubble.
Oh what was that about personal attacks????
It's an observation, not a personal attack. You clearly don't want to hear the other arguments, asking people to stop reading or posting and then name calling.
Name calling is a personal attack.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
It's an observation, not a personal attack. You clearly don't want to hear the other arguments, asking people to stop reading or posting and then name calling.
Name calling is a personal attack.
He's even attacking shipo on the other thread, what can you expect?

He probably also believes shipo is friend with a moderator too.

And yes, I'm letting people know when a supposed "upgrade" is not really an "upgrade".

Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Town & Country Touring L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Nice, Leavy.. may I ask is it for the 3.6l Pentastar an will it fit the T&C ?.....
The intake is working nice, I wish ya'll could here the growl from the engine bay,..i did get the transmission tuned shifts less sloppy, also did a mild street tune, also low end torque is up... after the tune, new brakes are nasty..for anyone looking for breaks I recommend Power Stop, I went with slotted an drilled rotors, an upgraded to carbon pads.FCA isn't giving up any help on turbo build....everyone I've talk with is telling me it cant be done, it's looking like it may turn out to be an rear mount turbochargers, but we will see........tbc....also looking into headers....

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
It's funny how every "cold air intake" I've ever seen appears to be pulling hot air from right next to the engine...almost as funny as the massive power gains these people claim to be getting from...an air filter?

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,952 Posts
Nice, Leavy.. may I ask is it for the 3.6l Pentastar an will it fit the T&C ?.....
The intake is working nice, I wish ya'll could here the growl from the engine bay,..i did get the transmission tuned shifts less sloppy, also did a mild street tune, also low end torque is up... after the tune, new brakes are nasty..for anyone looking for breaks I recommend Power Stop, I went with slotted an drilled rotors, an upgraded to carbon pads.FCA isn't giving up any help on turbo build....everyone I've talk with is telling me it cant be done, it's looking like it may turn out to be an rear mount turbochargers, but we will see........tbc....also looking into headers....
No, it is for a different vehicle.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
For the tune, I'm going with an Halteck ecu.
Did you install the Haltech ECU? If so, which one did you use? If you did, is there a Boomslang pnp harness available or did you wire it yourself? Sounds like it would be quite a job. I wired my complete engine swapped, custom turbo kit electronic management on my Yaris RS. It was involved and I had to get a membership to Toyota TIS Tech Info. I think you mentioned later that you did a mild street tune. Interested to hear about what was involved.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,084 Posts
Check out "Sienile" on the forum, he has built an aftermarket cold air intake. Technically the factory air intake is a cold air intake. It feeds from below the bumper beam on the right side. Personally, I would like to do a resonator box delete. Some dyno tests on the last chrysler 200, show a 5 hp increase with deletion of the intake resonator. I really like what this person did.

You can also change the lower intake manifold. The latest 3.6 manifold on Grand Cherokee has 20% larger ports. You can find info on Jeep and/or Charger forums. I believe I read it was worth 5 to 10 hp on a dyno.

5 hp improvement is going to be hard to feel. But the two mods combined together, might be a noticable improvment.
Technically my intake is a cold ram air intake. I hollowed out the mesh by the fog light and placed the filter directly behind it.
I used a Pacifica manifold instead of the JGC, not sure if there's a difference. First time hearing of JGC manifold. It makes a noticeable improvement in throttle response when not tuned. With a tune for the extra air volume, it does even better.

I'm not so sure about that, he refused to post pictures when asked, claiming he was so busy to take pictures.

Maybe he is so ashamed of how it looks like or, it looks so good that he doesn't want anybody else to have it, or maybe he already posted them but I missed them, who knows.

And, if he actually made one, it wouldn't be an "Aftermarket", it would be a "custom" one.

Until he post pictures.....
Never refused to show them, just kept forgetting to take the updated pics. :p (Old ones are still up on my intro thread "Meet Caraline".) Meant to shine it all up and clean everything down before taking them, but here's some that I was sending to an old friend the other night. Dusty as ****, but there you go.

Not visible in the pics is the 90 degree curve right before the filter. Also covered is the reloomed IAT harness to put the sensor where it needed to go. No wire cutting required, just some altering of the layout.

Well, damn. Didn't realize the full engine shot was so blurry. And didn't secure my fog light harness. :p
I'll take better later. There you go, Levy. QYB :p

Reactions: J Wikoff

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think the Grand Cherokee manifold would have the tb in the wrong spot, no?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,084 Posts
I think the Grand Cherokee manifold would have the tb in the wrong spot, no?
We're talking about the lower manifold. The upper might point the TB the wrong way. Haven't seen a 3.6 JGC to know which way it points.

Just looked up the 2020 JGC manifold, and it's the same part as the Pacifica's: 5281803AA.

Reactions: J Wikoff

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yeah good point. Don't know why I was thinking upper.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts