The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

4841 - 4860 of 4894 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
The problem with the spread is politically driven, i.e. agenda driven. The reason for that is "you know who". The opinions of experts doesn't matter, so what does that tell you?
True, but Canada doesn't have much to brag about. I participated in pandemic planning after SARS in 2003, and sadly a number of lessons learned were either forgotten about or implementation was botched. For example, 50 million N95 masks were stockpiled, but some genius decided it was cheaper to stick them in a warehouse than to constantly take regular requirements out of the stockpile and replenish. Then they were destroyed because they were date expired, but not replaced. So when they were needed, there was no stockpile.

I get a headache sometimes listening to Dr. Theresa Tam because she was a leader of the task force 15 years ago and seems to forget what it recommended.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I get a headache sometimes listening to Dr. Theresa Tam because she was a leader of the task force 15 years ago and seems to forget what it recommended.
Wow, that's new for me and probably for many others... so sad...

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,843
I don't believe so... no politician is forcing people not to isolate themselves and to organize large gatherings... or to disregard the opinions of experts... it is our own decision what to do or what not to do...
Nope, not when it involves the lives of others. Criminal negligence/willful ignorance is not an excuse. Do you wear a mask? Why? Why not? Nobody has the right to pollute or spread germs, even though they may self righteously think otherwise. So many play the "my rights" card to justify their bad intentions/actions.

Reactions: Miron

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
So many play the "my rights" card to justify their bad intentions/actions.
Like those protestors? :( So, it is not a political agenda but bad people making excuses... and you know who is excused ;)

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,845 (Edited)
Like those protestors? :( So, it is not a political agenda but bad people making excuses... and you know who is excused ;)
Some, like LEVY and myself, wear a mask. So, who else is excused? :)

"You know who" cannot be excused. A leader, leads by example, such as ignoring Science, right?

There's no fancy "stick handling" negotiating with the coronavirus. It has the upper hand. One avoids it by whatever means (masks, social distancing, hygiene and such) or confronts it with a vaccine. No rocket science there.

Making seniors, the poor, the infirmed, and possibly even children, expendable/collateral damage in the wake of COVID-19 is genocidal.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I still don't think that "You know who" asked people not to wear a mask or not to practice social distancing, hygiene and such... too many people chose to do so ignoring the risk they pose to other innocent people... he did not make anyone collateral damage, they did it to themselves... I am not trying to defend him but it is annoying that every single bad thing that happens is attributed to him... how can you lead when so many people are blaming you for anything and everything... I hope he will be re-elected just to prove them wrong at least for some of the accusations...

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Let's leave politics aside... there are no winners or losers on this forum and most likely no politicians :)

Today I drove my old van for the last time... 😢then I transferred all my stuff to the new Mr. M 😏

I want to keep my full-size spare tire from the old van as a spare for the new one... is the pattern of the lugs identical?
I think that my old aluminum wheel with an almost new tire (10,000 Km) is better than the donut spare tire...

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,848
Let's leave politics aside... there are no winners or losers on this forum and most likely no politicians :)

Today I drove my old van for the last time... 😢then I transferred all my stuff to the new Mr. M 😏

I want to keep my full-size spare tire from the old van as a spare for the new one... is the pattern of the lugs identical?
I think that my old aluminum wheel with an almost new tire (10,000 Km) is better than the donut spare tire...
I believe the spare tire is the full diameter like so:
The 17" rim has to fit over the heavy duty brakes

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Last night the old lady was taken to recycling... leaving us crying on the driveway 😢

Yesterday, on my way home from work driving Mr. M, look what happened

I was planning to buy some Gorilla Glue today but meanwhile, I taped it... today, on my way home, the airflow took off the tape and it got worse... I had to stop on the shoulder of 401 to add more tape or it would surely fly away...

I already bought the Gorilla Glue and I am not sure whether it would stick against the airflow at high speeds... what do you think? Two inside tabs are broken and it is moving around the bottom screw...

I called the dealership for a replacement and the simple piece of plastic costs a whopping $140 + tax = $158.20

·
Registered
212 Posts
Last night the old lady was taken to recycling... leaving us crying on the driveway 😢

View attachment 59033

I was planning to buy some Gorilla Glue today but meanwhile, I taped it... today, on my way home, the airflow took off the tape and it got worse... I had to stop on the shoulder of 401 to add more tape or it would surely fly away...

I already bought the Gorilla Glue and I am not sure whether it would stick against the airflow at high speeds... what do you think? Two inside tabs are broken and it is moving around the bottom screw...

I called the dealership for a replacement and the simple piece of plastic costs a whopping $140 + tax = $158.20
I would use silicone caulking.

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,852 (Edited)
:coffee::coffee:

Did you hear about the mathematician who's afraid of negative numbers?

He'll stop at nothing to avoid them.
:coffee::coffee:

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,853 (Edited)

View attachment 59033

That's a bummer. What happened? Had it been glued before?

I don't know about Gorilla Glue and its limitations. Le Page PL Premium is a great adhesive. Whatever adhesive is used, has to stick to both substrates.

This GOOP automotive adhesive, at $12.99 ($9.99 in black), gets good reviews:

This
E6000 Automotive & Industrial Adhesive
is less expensive at $7.99

Maybe body molding tape will work. It's tenacious.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
That's a bummer. What happened? Had it been glued before?

I don't know about Gorilla Glue and its limitations. Le Page PL Premium is a great adhesive. Whatever adhesive is used, has to stick to both substrates.

This GOOP automotive adhesive, at $12.99 ($9.99 in black), gets good reviews:

This
E6000 Automotive & Industrial Adhesive
is less expensive at $7.99

Maybe body moulding tape will work. It's tenacious.
I have no idea what happened and if it was glued but it doesn't look like it was... OEM has some moulding tape but it is totally dried out... the tabs that are keeping it in place broke because of the airflow... I was lucky it didn't fly away!

The Gorilla Glue states that is good for metal and plastic! I paid a bit over $12 including tax for a 5g bottle at Home Hardware which is usually an expensive store...

I found it on Amazon and OEM is $93.01 and Dorman is $73.35 ... which one would you buy?

·
Super Moderator
24,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,855 (Edited)
The Dorman, I guess, OEM one didn't do that well, apparently.

What tabs are you talking about?

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
The Dorman, I guess, OEM one didn't do that well, apparently.

What tabs are you talking about?
The tabs that are plugged into the U holes... there are 2 and then a screw at the bottom...
Check my picture and you can see the top U whole...

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I am going to return the Gorilla Glue to those thieves from Home Hardware store... I paid 10.99 + tax for 5g :mad: and at Canadian Tire it is $8.99 + tax for 20g

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
I just checked all the liquids... the power steering bottle is at the minimum and the coolant one is under the minimum :(

I will check the coolant tomorrow when the engine is hot (after driving 40 Km) to see the level...
In the owner guide, it is said that the coolant must be changed after 10 years... I never saw in any store coolant for 10 years, did you? Shall I add some concentrated one that is guaranteed for 5 years?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
498 Posts
So today, the temperature reached 35 degrees C on my drive, funny how just a few months ago it was the exact opposite, -35 C.

I'm really considering changing the tranny fluid at this point, these extreme hot and extreme cold temperatures cannot be great for either the engine or the transmission, but it holds just under half the entire time, no issues.

The filter in the tranny is still original, and so is the fluid so I think it's a good idea to deal with that. The oil pan gasket is showing a bit of seepage, I'm considering doing them both in one go, it's due for an oil change in the next 1K kilometres so I think it makes sense. I guess I could also do engine coolant (it was done ~3 years ago).

Lol if I keep this up I might as well be replacing everything in the van 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
498 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I opened the hood and while looking at the alternator, I noticed that AC lines were bare metal exposed. Would it be worth my while to insulate them, especially the cold side going to the cabin? The AC blows cold and no complaints, but after it reached 35 degrees I feel that it might be able to help a slightly noticeable amount, thoughts?

4841 - 4860 of 4894 Posts