The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

4681 - 4700 of 4758 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,681
:coffee::coffee:

How much bigger can container ships get?

New crane will help Halifax accommodate massive container ships
"The existing [cranes] I believe can span across 22 containers on a vessel, and this new one, when it's up and running, will be able to span across 24," said Port of Halifax spokesperson, Lane Farguson.

The shipping industry is building larger ships and Halifax is the only container terminal in Eastern Canada that can handle the ultra-class vessels.

"These are the largest container vessels that are calling on the East Coast of North America and there's only a few ports that have the necessary infrastructure to berth and serve those vessels, and Halifax is one of them," Farguson explained.

"We're a naturally deep port and we have the big cranes on the terminals that can reach up and across."
Where did this crane originate? Well, of course.
"The crane itself was built in China, loaded onto this specifically-designed vessel to transport it across the world and there were other cranes on board as well," Farguson said. "They will be delivered to the ports that ordered them."

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,682

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,684
The Best/Worst Brands in J.D. Power's 2020 Initial Quality Survey
Dodge tied for the top spot with South Korea’s Kia brand among 31 manufacturers, becoming the first domestic automaker to achieve a first-place ranking in the closely watched study’s history. Chevrolet, Ram and Genesis round out the top five auto brands in the survey, which was conducted between February and May for vehicles purchased or leased 90 days earlier, just ahead of the pandemic outbreak.
1 – Dodge – 136 PP100 (Tie)
It’s largely because Fiat Chrysler’s Dodge brand offers five aging models – the Grand Caravan, Journey, Durango, Challenger and Charger – that the venerable nameplate eclipsed its Detroit competition to be the first to wear the crown in initial quality (albeit tied with Kia). Models that have been in production for more than a few years without a redesign generally have their bugs worked out – and Dodge has had lots of time to do so.

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,685
Why we like FCA's Uconnect infotainment system in Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler vehicles | Driving.ca

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
Why we like FCA's Uconnect infotainment system in Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler vehicles | Driving.ca
Yeah, I won't have anything like that for at least a good 5 to 8 years from now :( I have the factory U-connect button but no module, but the head unit does not allow Bluetooth streaming sadly which was what I was after.

Thinking about it, I can sell my REN head unit for ~200$ and get a better quality new aftermarket unit which will sound way better and have all the features I have plus all the features I won't be able to have with my REN unit. But I'll miss the factory look, it will likely leave me some money in the bank too.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
What is the deal with apple car play anyway? That's a huge distraction, especially when you drive in my opinion, I only use vehicles to actually drive from point a to point b, plus some luxuries like auto climate and the premium infinity system to make it better!

Seems everyone wants apple car play nowadays, and I'm shocked I'm saying that as I'm the youngest around here!

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,688 (Edited)

HAPPY CANADA DAY

Coronavirus not changing Canada Day for many, poll finds

Going to a family gathering in mid afternoon and will likely be the barbequer.

The weather could be better.
Mainly cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers or drizzle. Risk of a thundershower this afternoon. Fog patches retreating to the coast. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High 23 except 18 along parts of the coast. Humidex 28. UV index 7 or high.

15:0025
A mix of sun and cloud

A mix of sun and cloud
NilSW 1030

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,690
Just wants to be patted. Ha, ha. Dangerous??

Reactions: Michalb and LEVY

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,948 Posts
Just wants to be patted. Ha, ha. Dangerous??
Not at all.

Unless they get cornered. Even then, not if you know how to handle them. They can not turn their head, so it is easy to avoid their tusks.

Last year a pack of them attacked one of my dogs that was chained to a tree.

Have no idea why they choose to attack my dog. My son fired his shotgun as a warning, they retrieved a few yards, but charged again. I then instructed my son to kill one, he did but but they kept attacking the dog.

My son had to kill one more before they left.

They keep coming but they don't mess with our dogs anymore.

By the way, the dog was badly hurt but recovered.

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,692
If there are young around, they will defend them, for sure. Animals are predictable that way. Ever get too close to a crow's nest. What dive bombers they are, even worse when driving a bicycle. :)

Peccary/Javelina:

I remember your Post about the attack on your dog. They can weigh 80 lbs.

Just uncovered a hornets nests in a watering can, under a deck, a little while ago. Woke them up I guess. Didn't sting me. I threw the can and the nest fell out. They buzzed around it until I sprayed them with water.

No other excitement to report on a National Holiday.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
437 Posts
The 2020 Pacifica has a stow-able vacuum cleaner?

That's interesting, I know some vehicles in the past had actual air compressors as part of the vehicle, but never a vacuum cleaner, how useful is it anyway? Might drain the battery fast.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,695
The 2020 Pacifica has a stow-able vacuum cleaner?

That's interesting, I know some vehicles in the past had actual air compressors as part of the vehicle, but never a vacuum cleaner, how useful is it anyway? Might drain the battery fast.
The Odyssey started having a vacuum cleaner a few years back.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,696
Texas orders most residents to wear face masks

Time to wash that face mask LEVY.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,698
Is not the same, I always have some coming.

View attachment 58760
Our dependence on China has to change. The rich traders with China have to be replaced by local manufacturers. A little more expensive but keeps local people employed. More trickling down effect. :)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,948 Posts
Our dependence on China has to change. The rich traders with China have to be replaced by local manufacturers. A little more expensive but keeps local people employed. More trickling down effect. :)
Trump is doing all he can, but with Wish, Ally Express, Alibaba etc. it will be very hard yo do it.

20+ years ago, I traded directly with China, Germany, Italy, Spain and other countries, it wasn't something average people could do.
Now, even those "losing their jobs" due to China easily and cheap buy from China.

How can you stop that?

4681 - 4700 of 4758 Posts