The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

4481 - 4500 of 4519 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,482
In this new "normal", if you come to a fork in the road, take it.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
Wanted to buy a Mopar Lifetime Warranty Plant for our new Camaro.

Just found out Lifetime warranty was discontinued back in December 2018.

The longest plan that is available is now is 8 years/125,000 miles.

That should do it as I'm expecting a max of 5,000 miles/year.

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,484
Mopar warranty? Are you sure it's not a Mustang? :)

Then I read this:
All Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® , Ram, FIAT® and Alfa Romeo vehicles, and most - but not all - competitive make vehicles are eligible for genuine Mopar® Vehicle Protection.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am working in downtown Toronto right behind CN Tower and there are a few 7-11 gas stations in the area but their price is not too attractive... but the one close to my home, stays sometimes at the evening price after midnight when I am coming back from work... I could fill up but I am afraid of any issues... the next day, when I leave for work it is too early for good prices... I have to wait for the weekend, Saturday night before midnight it's the best price.

Pioneer in Mississauga has the best prices in the area... but I use the Esso across the street for almost the same price... competition works!
Gas won't be cheap in downtown Toronto, rent is way too expensive.

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,487
Must be fake news.

Scientists Claim Evidence of Parallel Universe Where Time Runs Backward

·
PT Driver
2,674 Posts
After historic rain around Mid-Michigan resulting in at least one dam failing (if not two of them). The flooding happened roughly Southeast of my parents cottage. But had to come up here because the rain caused our lake to rise so much that one of the boats we had sitting on the beach went on its own ride. Luckily a neighbor caught the runaway so no real searching necessary to find it.

Most of the beach my parents have here is underwater, the dock is also completely underwater. Thats about the worst of it here though. Uncovered the electric deck boat and checked inside its pontoons and found it dry in there. Which is awesome, meant the tarp covering it did the job.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
How to negotiate price of new (or new to you car) with dealer:

Just bought a 2019 Camaro 2SS for my son.

It was a very nice car, 4200 miles on it, not a single scratch anywhere.

It was the perfect car and the dealership knew it, they were hesitant to negotiate price, I placed a deposit the very first day it was on sale, many more were in line in case I ended up not buying it.

This is what I did:

First, told sales person my credit was fair, but good enough to get approved. Also willing to place a big down payment if needed. The worst your credit, the more commissions they get paid.

Then, they offered a service contract for $3,350.00/60,000 miles.

They also offered an Appearance Service Contract for $375.00. I declined this Appearance contract as it can not be canceled.

Since this was a car that many more customers wanted, it was very hard to negotiate, but was able to get additional $1000.00 off.

I was told they already had included this appearance service contract and applied all the products included on the contract, so they can not cancel the contract. Well, they gave me a $375.00 discount instead and left the contract on.
Remember the $3,500.00 Service Contract? I have 31 days to cancel (small print), I already have the cancellation letter readyvto be mailed out Monday.

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,491
How to negotiate price of new (or new to you car) with dealer:

Just bought a 2019 Camaro 2SS for my son.

It was a very nice car, 4200 miles on it, not a single scratch anywhere.

It was the perfect car and the dealership knew it, they were hesitant to negotiate price, I placed a deposit the very first day it was on sale, many more were in line in case I ended up not buying it.

This is what I did:

First, told sales person my credit was fair, but good enough to get approved. Also willing to place a big down payment if needed. The worst your credit, the more commissions they get paid.

Then, they offered a service contract for $3,350.00/60,000 miles.

They also offered an Appearance Service Contract for $375.00. I declined this Appearance contract as it can not be canceled.

Since this was a car that many more customers wanted, it was very hard to negotiate, but was able to get additional $1000.00 off.

I was told they already had included this appearance service contract and applied all the products included on the contract, so they can not cancel the contract. Well, they gave me a $375.00 discount instead and left the contract on.
Remember the $3,500.00 Service Contract? I have 31 days to cancel (small print), I already have the cancellation letter readyvto be mailed out Monday.
Good luck. Maybe they will be like the airlines, give you a credit toward your next purchase. :)

We have a couple cancelled airline flights tied up between the airline and the travel insurance company and possibly VISA. We had a cruise out of New York to Bermuda, planned for late April, which got cancelled.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
Good luck. Maybe they will be like the airlines, give you a credit toward your next purchase. :)

We have a couple cancelled airline flights tied up between the airline and the travel insurance company and possibly VISA. We had a cruise out of New York to Bermuda, planned for late April, which got cancelled.
I did my homework. This dealership was under TXDMV disciplinary on 08-08-2018, I'm sure they will do whatever they can to avoid a second one.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
I enjoy so much when these greedy dealers are loosing :love: ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,495
No misunderstanding that letter LEVY. Well done. :)

Miron may have wrote more to the point: "I don't want your stinking warranty anymore. Give me my money back." Just kidding Miron. :)

Have a great day. Off to more lawn mowing for me. Sunny here, warming up, frost lat night. There's a forest fire about a 45 minute drive away and the wind is going to breeze up later on today. They just lessened fire restrictions that were in place because of COVID-19 and look what happens. Stupid people. Didn't have a forest fire for the past couple of years anywhere nearby.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
No misunderstanding that letter LEVY. Well done. :)

Miron may have wrote more to the point: "I don't want your stinking warranty anymore. Give me my money back." Just kidding Miron. :)
It might work better that way, who knows! :)

I enjoy so much when these greedy dealers are loosing :love: ;)
Dealer is not loosing, just not making as much as they thought or wish.

Look the list of non-covered items on that Service Contract:

vs list of non-covered items on the Mopar Service Contract:

Mopar Maximum Care cost is over $1000.00 less and for 8 year/125,000 miles vs 5 year/60,000 miles.
Congrats! How much in % did they take off from the original price (zero miles)?
Will check, this vehicle has many options, hard to figure out the original price.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Dealer is not loosing, just not making as much as they thought or wish.
Yes, you are right: dealers never loose... they just make more or less money... which they call losses... last year our dealership made 2 million dollars... this year our dealership made 1 million dollars... that means we lost 1 million dollars!
I would like to 'loose' 1 million dollars every year, don't you? 🤣

I am waiting for your % of depreciation... but don't compare with MRSP price but with a real price that you can get for a brand new similar car... it should be at least 15%...

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Mopar Maximum Care cost is over $1000.00 less and for 8 year/125,000 miles vs 5 year/60,000 miles.
I have no idea how is this working in the US but I don't trust any warranty... these sneaky guys will eventually find a technicality NOT to honour it! Whether the car is fine first 6 months... most likely it will be fine the rest of the years depending on the mileage, except for recalls that are covered regardless.

I prefer no warranty at all if it would be possible, and to take off a good chunk of the price! Do you think they are offering the warranty because they are nice? It would bring more money to them... even if the customer do not pay...

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Miron may have written more to the point: "I don't want your stinking warranty anymore. Give me my money back." Just kidding Miron. :)
You are not very far away from the truth ;)

You may see my opinion about the warranties in my other reply...

4481 - 4500 of 4519 Posts