The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

4441 - 4460 of 4519 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Here in USA almost everybody is getting $600.00 USD per week.

If you loose your job due to COVID-19, then you get workers comp ($500.00+/week) + $600.00/week, at least in Texas. If you get worker's comp, you don't even need to be hunting for a job.

Over $4,000.00 USD/week.

People still complaining. :oops:
As I mentioned, people getting money who don't need it, and people who REALLY need it aren't getting enough. I mean, who wouldn't accept free money, if they offer you money you will take it, most will take it.

I mentioned I am not rich but I have enough to get by with some comfort at the moment. The government has told us that they are paying electricity, water, and gas fees for everyone, if I had the chance, I would pay my utility bills myself because I don't need the help, others need a lot more help then me.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts

·
Registered
6,972 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
As I mentioned, people getting money who don't need it, and people who REALLY need it aren't getting enough. I mean, who wouldn't accept free money, if they offer you money you will take it, most will take it.

I mentioned I am not rich but I have enough to get by with some comfort at the moment. The government has told us that they are paying electricity, water, and gas fees for everyone, if I had the chance, I would pay my utility bills myself because I don't need the help, others need a lot more help then me.

And then, on top of that, they get food stamps:

Then, they also get additional cash money:

You keep up adding. Many people never made that much money in their life.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts

That money doesn't belong to the politician who is spreading them for everyone but... elections are coming, right?
Whether that money would come from his own bank account I am sure he would be much more careful...

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
That money doesn't belong to the politician who is spreading them for everyone but... elections are coming, right?
Whether that money would come from his own bank account I am sure he would be much more careful...
To be fair, there is only so much a government can go into debt before it doesn't matter anymore because the number is so high.

Having said that, I still believe the people who really do need it should get it, but the people who don't shouldn't. But at the same time, people will never deny if someone offers them money, or food, free is free. Even me, if there is a meeting or something and they offer free cake, I will not resist :) Funny thing, they actually joked about me taking the entire cake, and i thought they were serious and I took the entire cake home! It was delicious :) Yes, I made sure others had some too, I just took the rest toward the end, they were planning to throw it away

As the saying goes "take what they give to you, while they are offering" that is most people's way of seeing free money and food from the gov.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
As the saying goes "take what they give to you, while they are offering" that is most people's way of seeing free money and food from the gov.
I remember a few years back when Alberta had so much money (the opposite of debt) they did not know what to do with it... they cancelled the provincial tax :) Now they are in debt again and crying... well, politicians are never good on saving... the taxpayer money, aren't they?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I remember a few years back when Alberta had so much money (the opposite of debt) they did not know what to do with it... they cancelled the provincial tax :) Now they are in debt again and crying... well, politicians are never good on saving... the taxpayer money, aren't they?
It's funny, I saw a bunch of posts about this around Facebook, don't know exactly how true this is but I imagine it's quite close. After the election, Alberta literally rejected the liberal government, and thanks to the first past the post system, the liberal party won.

Imagine what would happen if Alberta left Canada, and imagine if Quebec left Canada. Things would look a lot different that's for sure!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,451
I don't know that this vehicle should be for sale.

We had Canada's largest mass murder here recently. The murderer, a 51 year old Denturist, who owned his own businesses and was well off, had several ex-police cars, one of which was decaled and had a light bar, looking like a authentic RCMP police car.

This is a fairly detailed article on the tragedy: Canada killer 'obsessed with mounties' had an alcohol problem

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
I don't know that this vehicle should be for sale.
View attachment 58249

We had Canada's largest mass murder here recently. The murderer, a 51 year old Denturist, who owned his own businesses and was well off, had several ex-police cars, one of which was decaled and had a light bar, looking like a authentic RCMP police car.

This is a fairly detailed article on the tragedy: Canada killer 'obsessed with mounties' had an alcohol problem
Not many people actually buy a ex police car and put decals back and light bars back. It's illegal. Because the few that do risk getting caught and having a very bad time for the rest of their lives. But your average ex cop car buyer won't.

The trouble is there is always someone out there who will do that. It's sad, but that's just the truth. That doesn't mean it should be "banned" for everyone else. Imagine all guns are banned, just because a few people have used guns in ways that go against the law. Sound familiar?

I actually was quite interested in a 09 Dodge Charger, it had the 5.7L and was an ex RCMP vehicle with the engine upgrades and all. If I had the money, i would have bought it, fixed the front end damage, and I would have a great vehicle. I wouldn't put any decals or lights on it.

On the other hand, what are they supposed to do with old ex cop cars then? Crush them? They have a "greener" program set that ensures they upgrade old cop cars to newer greener cop cars, that ensures vehicles like these to go on the market after just a few years.
They also want to get some of their investment into the new cars back, imagine a vehicle like this one worth... at least 10,000 and they all get crushed, huge waste of money!

Also, another thing to note which may or may not have been planned is there are now more vehicles that look like cop cars but aren't thanks to this. Ex cop cars are sometimes cheaper to buy then a normal used car, and the rims, colors, and body style still represent it as a "undercover" cop car. This will fool some people to thinking that it's an actual undercover cop car.

And since the police actually use the Ford Explorer as a police SUV, that makes just about any dark colored Explorer look like an undercover cop car since it was such a hit. Because in today's world, the most chosen colors are Black, Dark Blue, Red, White, and Grey, those have actually all been used in police vehicle colors now. Maybe this was a plan

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
On another note, the rest of the province is open now (as phase one out of 3 phases) and my city is not!! We remain closed for at least another week.

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,454
On the other hand, what are they supposed to do with old ex cop cars then?
The push bar on the front is what I don't like. Looks too much like a police vehicle.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
The push bar on the front is what I don't like. Looks too much like a police vehicle.
I don't like push bars to begin with in my opinion. So one up vote for you, take the push bars off!!

What are those even for? I don't imagine those are used to un-stuck a stuck police car? Or do they mount some super high tech non-civilian equipment there?

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,456
I don't like push bars to begin with in my opinion. So one up vote for you, take the push bars off!!

What are those even for? I don't imagine those are used to un-stuck a stuck police car? Or do they mount some super high tech non-civilian equipment there?
They are likely intended to be used for ramming, although they don't want to disclose that.

Outlawed Abroad, Killer “Bull Bars” Are the Hot Fashion Accessory for Police Departments

Center Section & Full Wrap Push Bumpers for Law Enforcement Vehicles

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Oh.... Makes sense now, hopefully no ex cop car with one of those starts tailgating me!

I have not seen any ex cop cars tailgate me with those... ramming bars yet, but if they are being sold I better start looking for a faster and more powerful engine for my GCV!

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,458

·
Super Moderator
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,459

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
Barn Find

Anybody know what kind of 72 Mustang it is?

Looks like a 72 mustang sprint special edition but front bumper have "bumpers" not shown on pictures I found in internet.

Title shows it is a 72 Ford.

4441 - 4460 of 4519 Posts