The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Code P206

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  FabricGATOR 
#1 ·
Hello I had the PCM replaced at a shop then a month after that I started getting the codes P306 and P206. The shop was no help and couldn't really tell me what it was only that it may cost $1400. So started doing this myself. I've change all 6 fuel injectors, replaced ignition coil and fuel wiring harness and spark plug wires (I couldnt get the actual plugs out). The 306 code is gone, but the P206 remains. White smoke also comes from the exhaust. Hopefully it's not a head gasket. Any sugestions?

#3 ·
P0206 is an injector wire issue. Is your van pre-mid 2004?

obd-codes.com said:
P0206 means that the PCM detected a fault in the injector or the wiring to the injector. ... When the injector is switched off, the PCM expects to see a voltage that is close to battery voltage or "high". If it doesn't see the expected voltage the PCM will set this code.
Here's the definitive article on this issue....

#5 ·
P0206 is an injector wire issue. Is your van pre-mid 2004?

Here's the definitive article on this issue....
It's a 2003. I changed the harness ( with a new Dorman model I got from Amazon). The old one was indeed fried.

#9 ·
What happens, and I'd be surprised if that article / forum thread didn't cover this, is that the harness will melt and short circuit one of, or a few, injectors. If it continues long enough, it will kill those injector circuits in the computer.
That is when it starts to get real expensive.

Dorman made a replacement harness, but I doubt it is a superior harness.

Myself, I used some heat reflective tape and re-positioned the injector harness so it was away from the hot exhaust manifold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.