The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another possibility not mentioned is if the battery is up to snuff. The battery has a normal runing & not running Volts DC readings. I've had a lower reading not-running & had the cruise control go offline. I'd press the steering wheel cruise control button & after about 5-seconds the instrument panel "Cruise" light would go out. Cruise control was then off.

I cleaned all the battery, starter, alternator, & engine ground wires' "terminations". The system still didn't work but the starter sounded better. Then I replaced the battery and cruise control started working.

Cleaning the right wires & checking the battery's output could help. It's more labor intensive but could be less expensive if the wires' "terminations" just need cleaning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I took this van apart few times... I kind of got used to it and so far Ibhavent found something that I couldn't figure out...until now. Later on im plugging everything back and check if new saldering and resetting the iod fuse worked. It that still is a no go then I'll look for grounds....battery i brand new and less than a year old. I haven't tested the alternator but once I'm there...might as well take it to get it tested. Starter is also new.

Any suggestions regarding the locations of the grounds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took this van apart few times... I kind of got used to it and so far Ibhavent found something that I couldn't figure out...until now. Later on im plugging everything back and check if new saldering and resetting the iod fuse worked. It that still is a no go then I'll look for grounds....battery i brand new and less than a year old. I haven't tested the alternator but once I'm there...might as well take it to get it tested. Starter is also new.

Any suggestions regarding the locations of the grounds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Chrysler Service Manual for your particular year in section 8w has ground wires, connectors, wires, and actual line drawings of connectors documented. You can purchase the manual for $25 or less. Just do a search for year, make, model, & engine.

"2001 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8 L manual"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had a lot of problems finding correct informations for my van...I guess is a rare one...3.0 with 3 speed tranny 😆

I bought the Haynes manual... I'll check that to see if i can find it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because of Copywrite issues unable to show that, sorry.
G200 is the name of the ground,
It's all the way to the firewall behind the instrument cluster.
Why those engineers made it so hard to get there is ridiculous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Copyright on a 96 van? That is something else!
No statue of limitations on this planet!😂

I appreciated the help!

I hope my Haynes manual has it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the so i hope someone will not beat me up too much for a boring usual question.

my van, a Plymouth voyager 3.0 1996 is giving me problems with the cluster.
it is odd and doesn't match anything I've seen so far on the web.
The lights all work but, as soon as i turn on the ignition, the oil temperature gauge and the gas gauge move to half and speedometer never works. This hes been going on for tew months now and i wanted to address it. I took out the cluster to check for a cold solder but it looks good to me and anyhow i resoldered anyway....still did not help.

what else should i check?

i know that i have a relay that sometimes i have to tap on with my foot because it will not allow blinkers to work...figured not biggy looking that still works as of today.

rarefully the cluster works for few minutes comoletely fine but then it goes off again.

any advice would ve greately appreciated
Thank you very much
There is a 6volt capacitor on the dashboard that tends to sort out check that

21 - 29 of 29 Posts