The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See title.

This happened after I used the little switch on the driver side to open and close all the doors in the vans once or twice. Battery in the transponder is brand new. What could be wrong?

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really need some help on this one. Now I have to open and close the van completely with the key--manually--rather than via the clicker. What has gone wrong? The battery is brand new.

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the tricks in this link. They did NOT work! What's the solution?

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: JCrust13

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried it; it did not work. That method requires one working FOB, which I do not have. Looks like I should try my luck in the yard for a 99 or 00 TC with a key and an FOB. That is exactly what the author suggested to a questioner, who has exactly the same vehicle as mine.

"Oh. Alright. Then you can't program a remote unless you have one working remote. I would recommend looking around the junkyard and if you find a 99-00 Chrysler minivan with a Remote on the keys, Take the side panels on the inside by the windshield off and take a screwdriver and pry up all the clips along the black part of the dash then there will be a black box with two Philips screws and a red or blue plug then remove that and then you will have the Key fob module and remotes. And install it in your Town & Country then you should have working remotes. Hopefully it helps."

In the meantime, I'll look up my FSM to see where this radio receiver is located.

Thanks very much again for the info!

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took a look at my FSM, know where the RKE receiver is located--above the instrument panel. Am thinking about harvesting a key with an FOB from a 99 to 00 TC in the junkyards. I have the following questions, however:

1. Does the key with an FOB have to be from a Town and Country, Limited, which is my van and exact trim, or any Chrysler minivan with any trim's key and FOB would work?

2. After installing the donor's RKE receiver module, should I use the donor's non-transponder key to start the motor, or should I use my van's original non-transponder key?

Many thanks again for the inputs!

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found the following three threads helpful:

It could be as simple as grounding the RKE wires to re-program your FOB, or, worst case scenario, existing RKE receiver is bad and needs to be replaced with a junkyard one.

This will def take me some time. Let's see if I can get this sorted out. :)

Thanks again to those who watched!

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I pulled an RKE receiver from the yard today from a 2000 TC, Limited. Hope it's a good one. Will get to it, when I have the time. In the meantime, have to change the oil, adjust the shims on the brake pads, and grease the torque struts.

The poster, Diamondsleeper, in the 1st link has some good info. I think I'm going to follow his tips. Will report back in a few days.

Thanks for watching!
IMG_0562.jpeg

Reactions: JCrust13

·
Stuck with a 3rd Gen
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not working on this today or the next few days. Have other things to take care of. Here is my question for today, however:

Is there any way to tell if the receiver is good or bad, when you pull it from the yard??

Because if the one in my van can go(has gone?) bad, the ones in others can go, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts