The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

ChryslerDRBeThree - DRB3 with OBD2 is possible

34K views 78 replies 21 participants last post by  Derrick1971 
#1 ·
Hi Chryslerian people :headbange,

I am a french developper, and i will share in the google PlayStore a software for our Chrysler T&C from 2001 o 2007.
I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager (long T&C in your country) with a fabulous V6 3.3L.

I have paid one time to have DTC of my car for a transaxle problem. But 100 Bucks to have a monitoring is too expensive for myself.

I work in network, and i have decided to make a software to have many usefull informations about my car.
By this way i can detect and repair my car alone.

I work on this software, based on reverse engineering, since December 2018 and started the development in september 2018.

This software is able to:
-Make a live monitoring (i read broadcasted datas and decode its)
-Make a monitoring of module (transaxle, ABS, Engine)
-OBD2 Standart is available
-Read decoded DTCs from ABS (Yes it works!), transaxle, BCM, engine and OBD2 standart
-RESET DTC of Engine, Transaxle, ABS (YES it's possible) or by OBD2 (ABS cannot be erase by this way!!!)
-Actuators are availables too (close/open all doors, fold in/out external mirrors, test your chime :) and others) to verify if the module/cables are guilties

and many more in the futur!!

it's comptatible with T&C Diesel and Petrol from 2001 to 2007!
I will make a free version and a paid version (35Bucks i think).
This software will be available in June, and will say you when it will be online on the PlayStore

I let you see a video of my software, it's better than a tone of explications:

Say me me what do you think about this software please :thumb:

Cheers

Bizcuite

See less See more
#5 ·
I will try to question MIC module, but we can have output state of DRL in theory.
MIC will be monitored when i will launch the sell.
Much works is necessary to have a complete software!

This is awesome news - it's about time somebody has tackled this project! Curious how hard it would be to add functionality for adding new transponder keys. Even though I own a witech box and can use the DRBIII emulator, I would probably purchase your app anyway just for the convenience. What type of ODB2 to bluetooth modules does it support?
Great news for me :D
I use personnaly a OBD Link MX BT, and i have a cheap wifi dongle too a clone of ELM327 (it heats up and crash itself....)
A real ELM327 is compatible (we are twice to make the software, my friend use it).
All dongle really compatible with VPW protocole (SAE 1850) can be used with the software.

I use it everytime like i use my car (2004 T&C), NGC PCM (2004-2007) will have more informations than a SBEC (2001-2003).
SBEC "speaks" with SCI/CCD protocols, and cannot be read by a OBD2 dongle (need to developpe a special hardware).

J1850 permit us to read and program a new key PIN, but i have only 1 car, and i can't test it ATM ^^ i need it!

can it read BCM codes and sensors?
BCM Errors and BCM reset is possible, BCM DTCs can view in my video (no error, because i have tried the reset :) beforei had a fog lamp error)

Bizcuite

#3 ·
This is awesome news - it's about time somebody has tackled this project! Curious how hard it would be to add functionality for adding new transponder keys. Even though I own a witech box and can use the DRBIII emulator, I would probably purchase your app anyway just for the convenience. What type of ODB2 to bluetooth modules does it support?

#8 ·
Airbag and MIC DTC are available (RESET too).
We have decoded MIC, we have again to decode Airbag answer, and the software will be in playstore
to resume:
Live Monitoring (broadcast on the PCI Bus)
Engine monitoring (for NGC only > 2004) -> O2 sensor-camshaft-Catalyst temp.-AIC-Spark Advanced
Transaxle Monitoring -> CVI - RPM TPS
Transaxle Solenoid -> Solenoid states with TRS states
ABS Monitoring -> each Wheels sensor - pump voltage - reference voltage
BCM Monitoring -> all actuators are monitored (wiper/hazard lamp/turn Indicator&lamp/ignition/…..)
Airbag Monitoring ->

DTC:
Engine DTC (only petrol 2004-2007)
Transaxle DTC
ABS DTC Diesel (2001-2003) and Petrol (2001-2007)
ABS DTC DIESEL (2004-2007)
BCM DTC
MIC DTC
OBD2 DTC
Airbag DTC

RESET DTC:
Transaxle
BCM
ABS
MIC
AIRBAG
OBD2

The software will be updated very often when it will be available!!

Bizcuite

#9 ·
Hi guys,

The software is finished in major part, and online on Google Playstore:
Compatibility: All Chrysler Town and country / Voyager from 2001 to 2007

For Paid version - 19,99Euros:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChryslerDRBeThreeTeam.ChryslerDRBeThreePaid

Free version to try and be sure that the software is compatible:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChryslerDRBeThreeTeam.ChryslerDRBeFree

A video:

The software will be updated in the future!!

(I haven't the time to translate, google is my friend….sorry, but essential is here)

Description:
It is a software that allows to make a complete monitoring of its Chrysler Voyager from 2001 to 2007.
In terms of Live monitoring (real time to thousandth of a second - compatible with all models):
-RPM Engine
-RPM transaxle
-The opening of the TPS
-MAP
-State converter (blocked, unlocked, partially blocked)
-Reported report
-Report to the lever
-Temperature of the transaxle
-Intake temperature (air entering the engine)
-Temperature of the coolant
-Temperature of the battery
-Outdoor temperature
-Internal temperature
-Odometer (there is a known error of some Km because of the conversion)
- Instant consumption
-Injection time
-Fuel remaining
-Speed
-Voltage
-Air conditioner pressure
-State compressor (engaged or not)

For the Engine Calculator part (only Gasoline> = 2004):
-The lambda 1 (value from 0 to 1)
-The goal of the lambda (value it must reach in the theory to have a perfect combustion!)
-The lambda 2
-The oxygen level in the engine (HI / LOW) and the indication if one is in open or closed loop (use or not lambda, depends on the engine temp and pot cata)
-Adaptation factor for lambda
-LTFT
-STFT
-Tension of lambda 1
-Tension that must reach the lambda 1
-Tension of the lambda 2
-Temperature of the catalyst pot
-Avance on ignition
-The Turbo (useless for our gasoline engines, but the PT is in turbo for some rare models)
-The RPM Engine
-The RPM Engine to be reached (calculated by the PCM)
-The opening of the TPS
-Tension of TPS
-current (in mAmpère) of the IAC (which manages the idle and the arrival of massive air in the intake)
-opening of the IAC (in% age)
-Pulsation of the injectors (in ms)
-State of synchronization of the camshaft

The monitoring of the transaxle(compatible with all models with BVA):
-RPM Engine
-RPM transaxle
-Applicable oil fill to apply to clutches to shift gears (CVI: Clutch Volume Index on clutches: LR-24-OD-UD)
-Temperature sensor voltage
-Temperature in degrees
-State of the temperature (Cold-Enhuffle-Hot-Too hot)
-The speed engaged with the state of the torque converter
-The opening of TPS in degrees

The monitoring of solenoids of transaxle:
-State of each valve solenoid control transaxle(Engaged ratio + Leverage ratio)
-The state of solenoid TRS (the lever)

ABS monitoring (compatible with all models):
-The number of active DTCs
-The ABS sensors of each wheel (yes, yes, a wound to have these info usually)
-Reference voltage of the module
-Voltage applied to the pump
-Status of the traction control and the brake pedal (supported or not)

Standard OBD2 mode (Gasoline> 2001 and diesel> 2003):
-RPM
-State of use of lambda (open or closed loop)
-charging the engine
-cooling liquid temperature
-STFT
-LTFT
-MAP
-Speed (Km / h)
- advance on ignition
-Temperature of the intake
-% age opening of the TPS
-Lambda 1 (Tension +% enrichment age)
-the OBD2 standard

The monitoring of BCM (All models) gives the state of the contactors WITH the tensions !!:
-Window wiper (all modes, intermittent and continuous)
-contactor rear wiper
-the control of the interior lighting
-The fog lights
-Fog fog
-The turn signals (Indicator and Lamps !!)
-The warning
-the reversing lamp (reverse)
-The control buttons at the wheel of the car radio
-the state of Neiman
-the state of the driver and passenger locks
-The state of the safe
-the state of the ceiling knobs for sliding doors
-the state of the ceiling light buttons for the trunk
-the state of all doors
-the condition of the rear sliding door knobs (right and left separately)
-the state of the driver and passenger door latch
-the state of the trunk closure button (directly on the trunk)
-the state of the buttons for storing the position of the seats
-The battery voltage
-The fuel quantity sensor voltage
-The state of the Traction control button

Airbag monitoring (be careful, some OBD2 can create defects, nothing to do with the soft !!)
Squib's resistance (which contains the airbag balloon)
-the states of the lateral ABSs
-Status of belt lock contactors
-states of frontal ABS (active / inactive)
there are many values that are separate, but the essential is above

DTC monitoring (error codes):
They are very complete.
For some you can see the error history (stored or / and active) unless they have been reset by DRB3

-DTC Motors read directly on the calculator (Gasoline from 2004 to 2007)
-The DTCs of the transaxle(all models with transaxle)
-DTC ABS (gasoline from 2001 to 2007 and diesel from 2001 to 2004)
-DTC ABS (Diesel from 2005 to 2007)
-The DTC BCM (all models)
-The DTC MIC (the dashboard - all models)
-the standard OBD2 DTC (gasoline from 2001 and diesel from 2003 -> except T & C / USA)
-DTC Airbag (all models - (be careful, some OBD2 can create defects, nothing to do with the soft !!))

RESET DTC (Error codes):
Reset the DTC Engine
Reset ABS DTCs
DTC transaxle reset
Reset BCM DTCs
Reset MIC DTCs
Reset of standard OBD2 DTCs

Actuator tests:
To play and check the correct operation:

-Opening the liftgate (for manual liftgate !!)
-Opening centralized doors
-Closed central door
-Tower rear window
-Turn on temporarily courtesy lamp (cockpit, trunk)
-Flashing right / left
- Indicator indicators right / left
-Light of the central console (not working gasoline> 2004)
-Light anti fog back
-Turn back light
-Turn on the fog indicator
-Turn on the lighthouse indicator
-Rabattre / Open the side mirrors
-Make the 'ding ding' sound lol
-Check the operation of the needles of the RPM (several stages: 0-1000-3000-6000RPM)
-Check the operation of the speedometer hands (several stage: 0-40Km / h-100Km / h-160Km / h-200Km / h)
-Reset the RPM and speedometer (if the needles remain blocked during a dashboard failure)

The ChryslerDRBeTeam

#11 ·
Will there be an Apple version?
Dan

#10 ·
That's great.

Planning on releasing something for 5Gen. vehicles?

Since you are a developer, I'm in the oilfield business, I've created an app to be used on the oilfield business. It is working very well, I gave it for free to some of my biggest customers, they really love it. It can do some calculations in just a couple of clicks that it would take hours for an engineer to do it manually. Nothing like this on the market right now.

Would like to know if you can help to fine tune it. You don't need to know anything oilfield related, I can provide all the info you can possibly need.

Please let me know if you can help.
Everyday I receive emails from app. developers on India and other countries, but can not trust unsolicited offers.

Hope you do great on this app of yours, those vehicles are getting older, hope you can soon release something for newer vehicles.

Thanks.

#17 ·
So, will this perform the operations of the DRBIII or are there still a need to go to the dealership to... let say... DRB3 the rear hatchback module? or program additional keys when I have less than two.

Is this just another version of a OBDII scanner that has a Chrysler logo?

I am aware that there are functions that I may want to perform and I MUST have an DRB3 device to perform them. The DRB3 should be updated regularly and a subscription to a FCA service is required to get the most recent updates.

This has it so there are some repairs that only a current MOPAR dealer can perform.

Will this give me the ability to do everything that I might need DRB3 to do?

#18 · (Edited)
So, will this perform the operations of the DRBIII or are there still a need to go to the dealership to... let say... DRB3 the rear hatchback module? or program additional keys when I have less than two.

Is this just another version of a OBDII scanner that has a Chrysler logo?

I am aware that there are functions that I may want to perform and I MUST have an DRB3 device to perform them. The DRB3 should be updated regularly and a subscription to a FCA service is required to get the most recent updates.

This has it so there are some repairs that only a current MOPAR dealer can perform.

Will this give me the ability to do everything that I might need DRB3 to do?
Hi guy,

Have you seen the video?
Have take the time to read all functions in my software?
Have you try an OBD2 software?

Functions gives by the software, will never be included in an OBD software.
OBD2 is very limited (we have put OBD2 protocol in the software, look and compare).

Here we use the DRB3 datas!!
We cannot make the impossible, i haven't the brain of 10 Chrysler's engineers, and yes this software cannot be a full DRB3.
Why? Because a DRB3 uses 3 protocols, the SCI, CCD and J1850 VPW.
J1850 VPW is the protocol which is used in the software.
SCI and CCD uses a different hardware, impossible to have with a simple OBD2.
I must develop an specific hardware to have an access to all functions (and the price will be very high!)

With my software, you have the better monitoring in all market (except DRB3/Witech/starscan of course).
BCM, TCM, Airbag, Engine (it's better with NGC) are monitored. OBD2 can do all of this..NO!

You can play with actuators and monitor its.
Reset ABS, BCM, TCM, MIC DTCs (impossible with an OBD2).
You can fix your car alone, and detect a fault.

Just for remember, you pay 100Bucks to reset one f*cking DTC and have the signification of the DTC......
I offer the possibility to have it, without special hardware.

We have tried to program keys or fob, without success unfortunatly.

We work again on the software and add functions (liftgate and laterals doors opening/closing will be soon in the software)

What do you need exactly???

#22 ·
I just bought the paid version of this app. Well worth it, in my opinion, as long as your vehicle year is supported by this software. I get tons of info from my van that I wasn't getting with other apps.

In particular, I was able to see what gear my automatic transmission was in, as well as whether or not the lockup converter was being engaged or not. Handy is an understatement.

I'd like to be able to access TPMS info and be able to see whether or not the radiator fans are on or off. Not sure if this app supports this or not, I haven't been able to explore it all the way through just yet. Will investigate further later on.

I used this ChryslerDRBeThree app with a BAFX OBD2 bluetooth reader and it works perfectly with my 06 T&C.

The following applies to the Torque Pro app, untested with the ChryslerDRBeThree app
I've used a cheap Chinese bluetooth elm327 Ebay clone before. That clone worked fine with 3 different vehicles (Suzuki, Toyota, and a Kia) but absolutely failed when trying to connect to my van. I bought the BAFX adapter -- it worked immediately and had zero issues. As far as I know, some Chinese clones might work with our vans, but many wont.

#23 ·
Thanks!

Chinese clones are not compatible, because the protocol is not supported (we need J1850 VPW protocol!!).
And heats too and crashes. Modules car can be impacted by Chinese clones (bad quality)!!
You must be aware!

Many updates are in development.
Transaxle Quick Learn procedure is in progress
All doors and Liftgate will be monitored with the possibility to activate all motors (one by one) into, and DTC's of course.
Car's informations is in progress with modules parts number, year of production.

Bizcuite

#25 ·
Hi,

New update is available since yesterday (Version:1.03).
-DSD (Driver Sliding Door) DTC monitoring and reset DTC
-PSD (Passenger Sliding Door) DTC monitoring and reset DTC
-PLM (Power Liftgate Module) DTC monitoring and reset DTC
-FCM (Front Control Module) DTC monitoring and reset DTC
-FCM actuators (verify relays of wipers, highbeams and horn)
-Sliding Doors/Liftgate Actuators Added: test motors and latches of rear doors to repair easily your doors and liftgate
-Car's information for 3 modules added
-French Traduction Added.

New updates in few days for translation.

ChryslerDRBeTeam

#27 ·
Hi!

Don't use China clone!!
You can have a return of courant and kill a module (not protected against).
I have a wifi clone and i Don't use it because it heats a lots and crash itself.

I use an "old" OBDLink MX since 3years without any problem.
OBDLink LX works to.

BAFX dongle works, but OBDLink Dongle is the best to use our software (necessary for Airbag module).
Or use a real ELM327 from ELM company.
V1.3 is enough and it's the last free source code (not protected by licence) from ELM company.
OBDLink uses v1.3 custom (they adds their own modifications).

Looks the price of an IC from ELM (ELM327 v2.2 cost 21$ just for the chip!! And 15$ if you take more than 1000 chips).

J1850 VPW protocol is an obligation ti use the software.

Bizcuite

#28 ·
Hi verybody!

New update avalaible:
Transaxle ratio in live monitoring updated
High pressure for air conditioning updated
DTC DSD/PSD/PLM/BCM/FCM has been remake (bugs on printing solved)
OBDLink and ELM 327 detection
US translation for DSD/PSD DTCs was in french.
Minor bugs solved

Next steps:
Monitor TMPS (work in progress) and Reset DTCs associates
Print lines dynamically for DTCs

#29 ·
I've had an airbag light on, since I bought my Van, used, earlier this year. I used this app today to walk through the airbag DTC values and, lo and behold, there was an issue reported with the left-front impact-sensor.

I had a close look at the sensor, and sure enough, it looks damaged. Wasn't obvious, until you really looked at it super close up. This vehicle was involved in some sort of front end collision, at some point, so no real surprise here.

This App = (y)

#30 · (Edited)
Hi,

New update of my software.
VIN detection (buttons are inactives during the search)
ATC is monitored
Actuators for ATC has been included.
Now display is fully dynamic
Actuators page has been remake

For v6 > 2004 and 2.4L:
Misfire detection
Time injection for each cylinder.

There are lots of things added since my last visit like TPMS monitoring.

Bizcuite

#32 ·
Hi,

I have found that you search. I will test it but I have no time ATM, my wife is gravely I'll and I have just bought my house there is 3 weeks. I try to put it few days if I can.

An idea, maybe you can try it for me?
What do you thing about this idea?

Contact me by discussion if you are agree :)

Bizcuite

#33 ·
Hi,

Update:
-Android 10 is now fully compatible with the software
-Toast is added to say to users to WAIT during the connexion, there is a VIN detection!!

If you haven't "connexion failed" write on the soft, you must wait 1 minute to be connected.

Unfortunatly it's not possible to have brake bleed without SCI protocol (SCI/CCD not compatible with OBD2 protocol!! Need a special hardware)

Bizcuite