The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Chrysler Magnum

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Wire tree guy 
#1 ·
As far as I know they do not sell a Chrysler Magnum in the U.S. but I saw one in Italy and took some pics. It was badged as a 300 C.

See less See more
#4 ·
No, there are the rare few who do the Charger front end conversion to the Magnum, and it looks mean! A Magnum front end on a 300C sedan looks good as well. Charger front end on a 300C, not so much.

I have recent interest in the LX platform because we just got a 2005 Magnum for a new family car. Still keeping the T&C and fixing it up as well. The Magnum needs new front end joints/parts (typical), so nice to have one vehicle working while repairing the other.

#6 ·
I love their rear bumper!

#8 ·
^^Yup, thought I recognized some familiar avatars while lurking there!

Wonder why this thread is in crossover vehicles, when the magnum is a full size wagon (car)? It should be in the luxury cars section. Then again, according to our State Farm Insurance it's classified as a VAN?! What the--? Ha, ha.

Our Magnum is a 2005 R/T in magnesium pearl with leather interior, sunroof, and sat/nav. 5.7 V8 RWD with 120,000 miles and 18" split 5 spoke rims (polished face w/silver paint). I didn't like the front at first, but it's grown on me. I might have to paint on some eyelids on the headlights to give it a meaner look. It currently has 3 of the 18" black steel Charger police rims with snow tires on it. The regular wheels have very worn, smooth inner edges for some reason. Not feathered and not really smooth in the tread area, but on the inner corner of the tire. I wonder if it is from the suspension design? The front suspension looks too spindley for such a heavy car; looks like it belongs on a Honda! It's been too cold to really check it over well, but I noticed all the front end joints don't have grease zerks and the boots look flat. I'm sure I'll find some parts to replace.

The car also has heavy steering (which I may attribute to dried up, original chassis parts) and the steering wheel won't return to center after turning a corner. It doesn't even attempt to return, it's just stuck where you put it. I know caster affects that, so it will need an alignment. I just want to replace anything bad in the front before spending money on an alignment. It would be nice to find some polyurethane bushings, and I'll probably buy or build a strut tower bar to stiffen up the front (and hopefully cure the worn inner edge tire wear). It'll need some brake rotors/pads as well. Other than those issues, it's a really nice car that gets looks around town. :) It's nice to have front leg room while having a rearward-facing car seat behind me, and the rear seat has 3 shoulder belts! We can fit 3 car seats across the rear seat, and we'll have to because we're expecting another baby in September. :D The Grand Prix just wouldn't cut it anymore, so it had to go. The Magnum is an awesome upgrade!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.