The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Any thoughts on Goodyear Assurance All Season?
Samsclub shows a price of $94.99 each, minus $80 off on a set of 4. plus $20 each for mounting
Additionally my charge card is giving me 5% back in points on warehouse club purchases

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
With the $80 off 4 at Sams the GY Assurance is $74.89
That's the only tire they have, in my size, that's available with the $80 off
Others available at Sams
Nexen N"Priz AH5 for $67 A Chinese tire I think
Cooper Evolution Tour $77.99
Kumho Solus $78.37
Cooper CS5 Grand Tour $86.99 One review site liked this one.
There's more at Sams. I didn't want to type them all. There is also a bunch listed as out of stock, so maybe availability changes if I wait a bit.

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
Can they order tires in for you, i.e, custom order? Use to be able to do that at Walmart here before they got out of tires. I remember, even then, their price was lower than the competition. Do they know what's coming up for sale in future weeks?

·
fix it if you can
5,389 Posts
Pardon for asking, but why are you replacing all 4 if you put so few miles on the van? (2 new tires should do it? unless you see dry rot / bulging / other issues)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm just going by the web site. There is only one brand model tire in stock in the store. I remember it's a GoodYear. It might be that GY Assurance. All the rest that are shown as available can be there in 3 to 5 days. Then there are a bunch that are shown as out of stock. I'll have to ask the next time I'm in the store to see if Out of stock means gone or might come back.

I got the broken stud out. The treads were galled on another one. The lugnut was hard to turn coming off. I'll replace that one too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Pardon for asking, but why are you replacing all 4 if you put so few miles on the van? (2 new tires should do it? unless you see dry rot / bulging / other issues)
I don't want to put 2 new tires on it. It's either one used tire to last the life of the other 3, or 4 new ones.
If I put 2 new ones, Eventually I'll need 2 more. I'll forever be driving with mixed age tires.
Maybe, once I get the bad lugs replaced and the used tire/wheel rotated to the back, I'll forget about it for a while.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Van is back together. Rotated new used tire to the back. Didn't rotate the other side front to back.
The jack with this van does not have a slot that fits over the pinch weld like shown in the owners manual. It's just flat on top.

SamsClub has a free mounting deal coming up. There really only the one tire at Sams in my size that qualifies for the $80 off and the up coming free mounting. For all this running around and fixing it myself, instead of just having a shop do it, I could end up with a free set of tires.

·
fix it if you can
5,389 Posts
If I had a van that was drivel relatively few miles and intended to be kept for long time, I'd want to buy only 2 tires at a time and have front tires that are 4 years old or younger... (putting new pair on front every 3-4 years)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I saved money on an exam and 2 pair of glasses, at Samsclub, by upgrading to Plus membership.
If I did not spend $59 for the member upgrade the glasses would have cost $84 more, roughly.
Good news, eyes are healthy and correctable to 20/20.
The plus membership ups the tire discount to $120 for a set of 4.
Goodrich Advantage TA Sport was the tire Sams had in stock. Last 4. They may be already discounted at $82.81 each. Tire girl said clearance. The online page does not even show that tire available but I actually saw the tires in the store. My name is on them. I have an appointment for the tire purchase which falls within the days with the free mounting offer. I think it's gonna be about $226.

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
Looks like a good tire, what's it speed rating - H, T, or V?

·
3rd gen > all others
3,394 Posts
Glad you made a decision on the tires and jumped on a deal. With the current covid situation in India, the next shortage could be tires. A LOT of rubber products come out of India. We just had to shut down an engine line for 2-3 weeks waiting on some little rubber grommets from India. Now we ran out of seals for a different engine line.

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts