The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door closes very harshly. Perhaps the weather seals are done for.

The Mopar seals are $300
for door seal and door frame seal. A lot of money. Has anybody replaced this? Was it easy and did you source cheaper generic weather seals anywhere?

·
Registered
07 Grand Caravan (3.3L), 14 Dart SXT (2.0L)
169 Posts
Do the seals feel nice and soft? I usually try some 303 Aerospace Protectant or ATP AT-205 Re-Seal on rubber stuff before replacing, and whenever I feel like they're getting hard. 303 is more subtle while AT205 is aggressive to the point where you could make the rubber melt if you apply too much.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
My drivers door closes very harshly. Perhaps the weather seals are done for.

The Mopar seals are $300
for door seal and door frame seal. A lot of money. Has anybody replaced this? Was it easy and did you source cheaper generic weather seals anywhere?
Try RockAuto.com.

Are there bumpers on the doors? If seals are in place and not torn, they should be ok.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try RockAuto.com.

Are there bumpers on the doors? If seals are in place and not torn, they should be ok.
Tried rockauto. Not much cheaper and some confusion over what's included.

As for the bumpers; I will check tomorrow. The dealer also mentioned that sometimes the striker plate on door frame gets pushed in a bit over time but can be ajusted out. Will check tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
That's worth a try but would check out other things first. Does the door close easily first try? By "harshly" I'm guessing noisy, banging.

Does the door hang down any, i.e. out of adjustment? Anything inside the door loose? Storage bins empty?

Check the screws that hold the latch to the door.

Reactions: TechiePocket1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts