The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Chrysler T&C 25 th anniversary model 4.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country 25th anniversary edition. I received a recall notice for the drivers side air bag (2nd) one I have gotten in the past year. They took my info and said it would be awhile, meaning months or a possibly a year. Asking why so long they said Chrysler sends them (1) one per week. This is Detroit, the Motor City, wouldn't you think they could go across the Detroit river into Windsor ON Canada and grab a handful, meaning you can almost see the plant from the Detroit side of the river.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country 25th anniversary edition. I received a recall notice for the drivers side air bag (2nd) one I have gotten in the past year. They took my info and said it would be awhile, meaning months or a possibly a year. Asking why so long they said Chrysler sends them (1) one per week. This is Detroit, the Motor City, wouldn't you think they could go across the Detroit river into Windsor ON Canada and grab a handful, meaning you can almost see the plant from the Detroit side of the river.
Can you send us your VIN and dealer info? We can help get the recall completed!

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 2008-2010 driver airbag recall has been previously discussed in these two threads:
Dealers will inspect the emblem, and either apply tape to its palnuts (if it is still secure) or remove it and its palnuts (if it is loose or already missing). If the emblem is removed, a new driver airbag cover with an emblem will be installed whenever that part becomes available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you send us your VIN and dealer info? We can help get the recall completed!

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares
vin # 2A8HR54X39R661482.........Ray Laethem Chryler Dodge Jeep Ram. Detroit Mi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vin # 2A8HR54X39R661482 ....Dealer : Ray Laethem Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep ... Detroit Mi....Air Bag recall # 2

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
vin # 2A8HR54X39R661482.........Ray Laethem Chryler Dodge Jeep Ram. Detroit Mi
The open recall on this VIN is for the steering wheel emblem, not the passenger side airbag. The dealer will need to do an inspection first, then order a part if needed.
If you send us your phone number and email, we can have a member of our scheduling team get in touch to set up the appointment.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all I want to thank the person or persons that helped me with this recall. The first time (recall) the dealership stated it would take 45 minutes to do there work. I could stay and wait. Now they tell me on my second (recall) by appointment, it will take a day and a half, so drop the unit off. I just know when I drop it off in the service bay, it will just go CLICK and nothing else. I cannot drive it in fear I'll be stranded. It has a better chance of starting when the motor is cold, get it warm or hot,CLICK. again thank you to the family of the 5th generation.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts