The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
953 Posts
I just redid the remote start set and reconfigured WIN module again to double check that was the issue. Went for a drive, locked it.

Works perfect.

Thanks for getting me to check again. What a great little modification major brownie points from the wife for this one.
For me, anytime I change a vehicle config setting, I need to shut off the vehicle for a while then turn it back on and bam it works.

With the remote start for me, I installed the hood switch and activated it and it would only chirp one time (telling me the remote starter won't work). After waiting a bit and trying, it then worked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me, anytime I change a vehicle config setting, I need to shut off the vehicle for a while then turn it back on and bam it works.

With the remote start for me, I installed the hood switch and activated it and it would only chirp one time (telling me the remote starter won't work). After waiting a bit and trying, it then worked.
I think I must have made a mistake the first time somehow because when I tried the first time the remote start button did nothing.

When I just tried it again I got out locked the doors and got the single chirp from the horn so I went for a short drive locked it again and then it worked perfect.

Not sure what makes it change its mind.

That appcar diag is a great tool. I couldnt get any dealer around here to agree to add the sales code to activate it. $50 is well worth it just for the remote start but now I can add all sorts of stuff as well.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
953 Posts
I think I must have made a mistake the first time somehow because when I tried the first time the remote start button did nothing.

When I just tried it again I got out locked the doors and got the single chirp from the horn so I went for a short drive locked it again and then it worked perfect.

Not sure what makes it change its mind.

That appcar diag is a great tool. I couldnt get any dealer around here to agree to add the sales code to activate it. $50 is well worth it just for the remote start but now I can add all sorts of stuff as well.
Although I suspect programming is different between appcar and the actual vehicle programming, because when I activated fog lights, they don't act like real fog lights on a same year dodge do.

It's a minor thing, but it definitely is different. Same with the premium sound system, I suspect there is something still missing somewhere. I'm considering adding as many options as I can, then giving Dodge a list of new configs to add to the van, hopefully that sorts out everything.

·
Registered
2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring
441 Posts
Yay! I'm glad you have it working. It's so easy to enable that I'm surprised it wasn't a standard feature.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts