The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
620 Posts
Ok I sure hope so . I thought I seen otherwise I'll check again . Do you have a source that might be more reliable ?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It also might be that head units from 08 till 11 are on a low speed BUS system. And from 12 on are on a high speed BUS system.

I dunno just did some research and reading before dropping 400 plus USD on a head unit . I came to the conclusion it might not be compatible. l

Someone prove me wrong because I really would like to have BT streaming what ever the costs from a factory HU
They are high speed for our vans.

I think the best bet for BT streaming is a BT unit you plug into the cigarette lighter and it pairs with your phone and transmits a FM signal which you set your radio to.

Or, if you insist on a BT head unit, aftermarket one, or a 2012+ RBZ or whichever the one with nav is, if you have the Uconnect module and grab a head unit that uses a Uconnect module, grab the module that came with it. As long as it's 2012+ you shouldn't have the issue I had.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,063 Posts
RBZ is not nav. Think REN is the one you're thinking of.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
If I wanted to use a cigarette lighter FM converterI would have done so by now . I know all about how they work also. I suggest you follow your own advice If YOU want BT . Heck I'LL even GIVE you one of the many I have .

If you can't come up with a reasonable solution instead of insults PLEASE don't bother . FM CONVERTER GET SERIOUS

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,063 Posts
Chill. He didn't mean it in an insulting manner.

He is wrong though. All 5th gens have high speed BUS. You just need the correct radio and accessories. Steffen.m did a good write-up on adding VES to these vans. Pretty sure between that and the radio info thread you'll find your answer.

Reactions: Michalb

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Chill. He didn't mean it in an insulting manner.

He is wrong though. All 5th gens have high speed BUS. You just need the correct radio and accessories. Steffen.m did a good write-up on adding VES to these vans. Pretty sure between that and the radio info thread you'll find your answer.
I've already installed VES in one of my vans and it works flawlessly . I have consulted with Steffen on other issues. I have installed numerous factory options in my 09 TC .

Why in the heck would I want to add a FM CONVERTER ( Any fool can do that) The answer I was looking for was to stay with original equipment. Thanks

I think I found what I'm looking for on line from a shop about 100 miles from me . Made arrangements to go look see this coming weekend.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If I wanted to use a cigarette lighter FM converterI would have done so by now . I know all about how they work also. I suggest you follow your own advice If YOU want BT . Heck I'LL even GIVE you one of the many I have .

If you can't come up with a reasonable solution instead of insults PLEASE don't bother . FM CONVERTER GET SERIOUS
I didn't mean it as an insult, I just said that I can't make the 2010 RBZ I bough work as it should.

You are right I did mention cigarette lighter, but I also mentioned an aftermarket head unit, or a 2012 or newer RBZ with the Uconnect module or the other head unit with nav (RHR). Those are guaranteed to have BT streaming that works. My 2010 actually wasn't supposed to have BT streaming at all, nothing was mentioned about it in any manual for the 2010 Chrysler van year.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
RBZ is not nav. Think REN is the one you're thinking of.
For 2011+ The non nav radio was RBZ, and the nav radio was RHR. The REN was only in our vans (without nav) for 2008-2010. The RER was the nav radio for 08-10.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
For 2011+ The non nav radio was RBZ, and the nav radio was RHR. The REN was only in our vans (without nav) for 2008-2010. The RER was the nav radio for 08-10.
I have RER in my 10 and now I have the same in the 09 .My cousin has the REN in her 08 it has all the buttons of the RER but no U-Connect that's weird .

I played around with it in disbelief it kept saying no u-connect .Then I realized it didn't have the mirror with the mic . So she has the FM converter gizmo .

I told her that if she were to get the RER I would do the u-connect for her I have everything except the harness from the mirror

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have RER in my 10 and now I have the same in the 09 .My cousin has the REN in her 08 it has all the buttons of the RER but no U-Connect that's weird .

I played around with it in disbelief it kept saying no u-connect .Then I realized it didn't have the mirror with the mic . So she has the FM converter gizmo .

I told her that if she were to get the RER I would do the u-connect for her I have everything except the harness from the mirror
I have the Uconnect harness from the radio to the driver A-pillar for RER and RHR (it's the same one) and I have an extra one for an RBZ or REN which uses the external Uconnect module, and I have an extra module too if you're interested.

My REN use to have the same message, until I added the Uconnect module and wiring. Now it works just fine!

·
Registered
Routan 2010
13 Posts
Hi, in my car i dont have this
uconnect 6.jpg

i have alerady two connectors , when i disconnect them , wiper starts working without stop

so i made a double of each connector in the uconnect harness then everything worked fine for me

IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1879.jpg

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi, in my car i dont have this
View attachment 61961

i have alerady two connectors , when i disconnect them , wiper starts working without stop

so i made a double of each connector in the uconnect harness then everything worked fine for me

View attachment 61964 View attachment 61963 View attachment 61965 View attachment 61962
If you have the 2 it means your vehicle has either all or some of the following option(s): Uconnect module, dvd player under climate controls, and overhead VES.

The system is one big loop, which is why your electronics go crazy with that disconnected. If you are removing options, you must reconnect the system so it makes a big loop. Same with adding options.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have the overhead VES!
Yeah so if you're keeping the overhead VES you will need to keep the double connector present. If you plan to remove the VES unplug the VES side of the connector and plug the main harness connectors back together, as seen in my first photo.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts