The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This just happened to me in my 2010 T&C. What was the outcome of your situation?
Go to 5th gen part of the forum and look around/post. Your generation had an electronic throttle body/drive-by-wire system that is much more complex than the 4th gen. You'll receive better help there. :)

This just happened to me in my 2010 T&C. What was the outcome of your situation?
I Had this happen with mt 2014 t&c...was told at the dealership it was a computer error that happens about 2% of vehicles. I was on the 401 thanksgiving weekend....if it hadent been for an ambulence clearing the lanes in front of me, my twi children an i would be dead. Shoving it in neutral did nothing ...it continued to red line. finally got off the highway safely and manages to turn it off( in neutral as it wouldnt turn off). I kicked at the peddle checked the floor mats turned it bacm on and it was still red lining. took 20 min of on and off to get it to start normal. I did not want to drive it ever again. the dealership reset some error code on the computer and knock on wood it has not happened since. I took the top ens of the engine out two weeks later, and 4000 km over warentee of course. I will not be buying another one. This is a glitch they are aware of and will not recall to fix. I am not impressed.

The brakes will easily overpower the engine. Ignition switch will kill it, but also kill the power steering and power brakes. Moving to neutral would normally work.

WLooks like you covered my thought already. I had mine stick wide open twice, turned out it was wrong floor mats, pedal would get underneath the mat on full acceleration. If it accelerates on its own, cruise is all all think of. At one point on my new Buick, I had this happen Twice, got a ticket once because of it. tFinally figured out, they Changed the placement of the buttons on the wheel and I was hitting the resume button inadvertently just moving my hands from high to low position on the wheel. Took me a few months to figure that out because it happened so rarely

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.