The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
OP here, I haven't seen anything by anyone what has done what you suggest expect taking off the TIPM top and / or opening the hood. If you find a way to route cooling air that way, please post pictures so we can see how you addressed this issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2009 Chrysler Town and Country Touring

Possible related thread:

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sh...r-not-working?highlight=blower+quits+in+front

Symptom: Vehicle in normal operation mode. Outside Temps above 90 degree F. Vehicle is being driven in the city, all systems appear to be normal. Randomly, the Front Blower Motor will stop moving cold air. Rear A/C controls continue to work fine and cold air is blowing out well. No matter how many times (or position) the fan speed knob is moved, the front blower motor fails to respond. A/C system can be turned off and on multiple times, but the front blower fails to respond. Rear Blower follows commanded speeds.

If the vehicle is stopped, turned off, and restarted immediately the Front Blower begins working again just like normal. This problem occurs only randomly.

If anyone has experienced this, please post the resolution to this issue. The dealership is stumped (they saw it happen as the vehicle was taken there while it was doing this) and they are trying hard to find the issue.
I found out that my problem with the front blower shutting off was in the TIPM. There's a small pin on the TIPM circuit board that fails to make contact as vibrations from road conditions will shake it loose. I've replaced the TIPM and the blower motor worked fine for 4 months, then the problem started again. I'm trying to find a way to keep the TIPM from shaking loose which seems to be my only problem. One mechanic said if we place a pin extension on that blower contact of the TIPM, it will solve the problem. I'm going back to see him next week and will post the results a few days later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found out that my problem with the front blower shutting off was in the TIPM. There's a small pin on the TIPM circuit board that fails to make contact as vibrations from road conditions will shake it loose. I've replaced the TIPM and the blower motor worked fine for 4 months, then the problem started again. I'm trying to find a way to keep the TIPM from shaking loose which seems to be my only problem. One mechanic said if we place a pin extension on that blower contact of the TIPM, it will solve the problem. I'm going back to see him next week and will post the results a few days later.
rspivey48

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found out that on my 2008 Town and Country the problem with the front blower shutting off was in the TIPM. There's a small pin on the TIPM circuit board that fails to make contact as vibrations from road conditions will shake it loose. I've replaced the TIPM twice and the blower motor worked fine for 4 to 6 months, then the problem started again. I'm trying to find a way to keep the TIPM from shaking loose which seems to be my only problem. One mechanic said if we place a pin extension on that blower contact of the TIPM, it will solve the problem. I'm going back to see him next week and will post the results a few days later.
rspivey48

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found out that on my 2008 Town and Country the problem with the front blower shutting off was in the TIPM. There's a small pin on the TIPM circuit board that fails to make contact as vibrations from road conditions will shake it loose. I've replaced the TIPM twice and the blower motor worked fine for 4 to 6 months, then the problem started again. I'm trying to find a way to keep the TIPM from shaking loose which seems to be my only problem. One mechanic said if we place a pin extension on that blower contact of the TIPM, it will solve the problem. I'm going back to see him next week and will post the results a few days later.
rspivey48
Any new info on the pin extension? A photo of the pin placement would be very helpful.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts