The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 97 Chrysler Town & Country and have been trying to figure out why my interior lights don't work properly. The dimmer switch does change the brightness of my display, but it doesn't operate the interior lights. The front, mid, and rear map lights only work when I click them manually (they auto turn off 10-15 mins after a door is opened or closed), but nothing happens when I open the door. The liftgate lights and front door courtesy lights never come on (auto or via the switch).

I checked the bulbs, the interior lights fuse, and cleaned the contacts for the dimmer switch. No luck so far. My door ajar and liftgate sensors appear to be working fine. The only thing that I can think that may be related is my ignition switch is loose, the "you left your key in the ignition" chime is intermittent.

I've scoured the threads but can't find a solid solution. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
07 Grand Caravan (3.3L), 14 Dart SXT (2.0L)
169 Posts
Sounds like an electrical issue to me. I would check out that loose ignition switch... although I'm not particularly good at electrical stuff so can't really help you much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts