The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed t&c was missing or feeling like it was at idle. I changed plugs and wires and it didn't really seem to go away. The replacement wires were mopar branded and had all the cylinder numbers nd lengths to be correct (so if they were fakes they were really good ones). Anyhow I could hear snapping and popping and finally had a look in the dark. Wht I basically see is a generic erratic light show for the rear wires where they curve to go to the back side of the engine. So I guess my question is, are the wires faulty or is the spark escaping elsewhere? Nothing is wrong with the wires in the front o if there is then thete ist enough places to ground themselves for a spark

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed wires on the back set with the chrysler back 3 + plastic holder. Probablem still exists. Keep hearing zzzzt, zzzzt, and watching the motor. Hasn't gotten dark to see if there is a light show

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,798 Posts
Give the wires a spray of Fluid Film. Every exposed electrical component in the engine bay is Fluid Filmed on my vehicles.

You can use automotive split convoluted tubing to keep things separated.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,618 Posts
First you need to find out which wires and why those wires are leaking.

Identify the leaking wire. Seen a leaking wire means that particular coil is generating a spark, so your coil pack seems to be ok (unless it is throwing a spark at the wrong time).

Now, I would replace at least that particular plug. If an spark can not "jump" in the spark plug as it was supposed, it will find another place to jump. It doesn't matter how good your wire is, it will leak if that spark doesn't find another easier place to jump from.

If it is time to replace spark plugs, replace them before you continue with further testing/diagnosing.

I would not use Fluid Film to fix this problem, it is not an insulating material. I would use it after problem was found and fixed, to prevent it from happening again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts