The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

3.5 liter V6 timing belt change interval

33K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  gsmagnum 
#1 ·
I saw on a Gates product PDF the interval for timing belt changeout on the 3.5 V6 is 105,000 miles. Is this accurate?

Thanks-- the help is much appreciated. As we say in these parts, we're "fixin' to" test drive an 80K mile 2005 Pacifica.

#2 ·
As far as I can remember, that is the change interval, and always has been for the 3.5. 105,000 miles or 84 months ( I BELIEVE ), which is 7 years.

EDIT:
Douglas Miske wrote that the change interval for the timing belt is 84 months or 105,000 miles / 170,000 km.
- from allpar.com. I have a better memory than I thought. ;)

And a ton of info on the 3.5: http://www.allpar.com/mopar/V6/35.html

Reactions: dun4now
#5 ·
Yup. 105K.

I'm not a Pacifica fan myself (actually call them Pacifiers), but they are a solid built vehicle. They drive well. I just don't care for the looks of them.

#6 ·
From what I remember about my long gone 95 LHS, you were to inspect the belt at 60K miles and replace at 105K. This never made any sense to me. If you went to the trouble to inspect the darn thing, just replace it. While you're at it, be sure to replace the water pump and maybe the tensioner too!
I also never liked the Pacifica. Over weight, over priced, underpowered! I guess the market decided the Pacifica's fate. You don't drop something that's selling well! Just my $0.02.

FredB

#8 ·
FredB, the 4.0 Pacifica's are anything but underpowered. Now the 3.5 Pacifica's are not a sports car, but they can get out of their own way. But the 4.0 Pacificas... well they are just awesome.

#9 ·
The 4.0 is similar to the 3.5 as far as needing a belt.
The Pacifica wasn't my style either.
The funny thing is that the Journey doesn't look too bad to me. While they aren't the same car, they are of similar idea. (obviously the Pacifica was much more luxury oriented)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.