The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
466 Posts
I tried to talk my wife into getting one or a used Pacifica, but she'd rather keep our '09 GC with 172k miles on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nah, I'd rather wait and buy one after it's depreciated a few years. But it is sad they're going away and I could understand wanting to get a brand new one while you still can.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess I did, although mine was a factory ordered late 2019. Got $17.5K of list. Glad I did because an identical 2020 would be about $4-5k more.

I wasn't very keen on the Gen 6. Not only was it a lot more expensive but I would rather have a Kia van.

·
Super Moderator
24,386 Posts
Is anyone else, considering a new 2020, while they are still available?
Don't like them, no side molding. :)

Something to consider, but would still like to have the molding. 2017, maybe 2018, was the last year for that. It's the Toyota Sienna influence - how can one make a vehicle look boring. The Odyssey is the same.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Don't like them, no side molding. :)

Something to consider, but would still like to have the molding. 2017, maybe 2018, was the last year for that. It's the Toyota Sienna influence - how can one make a vehicle look boring. The Odyssey is the same.
Possibly money savings too, however small it might be per vehicle. If my Taurus had side moldings, I probably wouldn't have gotten a shopping cart ding in the parking lot. No side moldings = makes no sense, but makes cents.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Side mouldings aren't much use anymore. When cars were slab sided, they were fairly effective. With today's contoured bodies, the chances of a moulding being in the right place to protect against a rear door blow is nearly zero. Front doors aren't much better.
8410445.jpg
T6NB43.jpg

·
Super Moderator
24,386 Posts
Funny thing, white vans don't get dinged up as much as dark colored vans, in my experience. Maybe people figure scratches will show up more on a white vehicle.

Sliding doors don't ding. The strip is about protecting both vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is anyone else, considering a new 2020, while they are still available?
I like the looks of the new 2021 Pacifica. My 2014 Limited will be paid in full in 6 months. As long as it's healthy, I think I might drive it a year or so beyond that and move into a 2022 Pacifica after the design has a year's worth (or more) of shakedown cruises by others.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the new Pacifica design looks great, the old Pacifica design will probably stick to the Voyager name, just wish they would just keep the DGC as the bargain bin van.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think the new Pacifica design looks great, the old Pacifica design will probably stick to the Voyager name, just wish they would just keep the DGC as the bargain bin van.
I dunno, the Voyager will probably be pretty bargain bin. The current base (L) is a stripper, with steel wheels, second row bench that doesn't stow, and missing lots of stuff most DGCs have (roof rack, floor mats, body colour door handles).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a new GC right before the quarantine. My 2010 GC, with 243k+ miles, has been the best vehicle I've owned, though it has developed some annoying--but minor--problems and some rust. If production were continuing, I would have waited to buy a new one. As it was, I got the last 2019 SXT at the dealership and one of the last few in the state.

I kept the 2010 for hauling and other beater tasks at my lake cottage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts