The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago, I spotted a green spot behind the passenger side rear tire. After a few days when the AC cooling was very weak (now totally nonexistent), It was not difficult to realize that those little green spots were related to A/C.
I figured it is just some stupid o-rings that I can change when I get the time. I read some posts online and watched some videos on Youtube about the common issue with the rear evaporators on these cars. The most interesting video of all is this
. It does look like a hassle but I don't want to cut the lines and cancel the rear AC and, definitely, I'm not taking this to the stealership. I will do it myself as I have the tools and I consider myself handy with car repairs.
Should I try the expansion valve first? If it turns out to be the evap I will have wasted time and $$ for nothing.

I need your recommendations as to whether I should buy the evap from Mopar or get an aftermarket one. I prefer the less expensive route, of course. However, I do want this fix to last a while as the labour part involved is not simple. Any recommendation if I want to buy the evap online?

Since this seems to be a problem that started from the 4th gen (or maybe even before that), why do you think Chrysler engineers did not find a solution all those years? And why on earth isn't there a shield or guard against splashes and debris for the lines coming into the evap right behind the rear wheel well?!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
2014 Town & Country
90 Posts
Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago, I spotted a green spot behind the passenger side rear tire. After a few days when the AC cooling was very weak (now totally nonexistent), It was not difficult to realize that those little green spots were related to A/C.
I figured it is just some stupid o-rings that I can change when I get the time. I read some posts online and watched some videos on Youtube about the common issue with the rear evaporators on these cars. The most interesting video of all is this
....why do you think Chrysler engineers did not find a solution all those years?.......
I’m not an automotive engineer nor do I have any reliable resources that are but I wouldn’t be surprised if these types of “nuisance failures” aren’t intentional.

After your car gets a few of these types of issues, a lot of people would trade their car in on a new one??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than that leak, the car has been very reliable.

Could someone recommend whether I should buy the evap from Mopar or get an aftermarket one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts