·
Latent car nut
9,061 Posts
What about it?

·
Super Moderator
25,122 Posts
Are you sure it isn't coolant?

Engine oil leaks tend to be from the oil filter setup (other end of engine).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding, no it is engine oil and is on top of transmission. Not easy to see but looks like it’s coming from the area where you can barely see the oil sensor.

·
Super Moderator
25,122 Posts
Thanks for responding, no it is engine oil and is on top of transmission. Not easy to see but looks like it’s coming from the area where you can barely see the oil sensor.
Oil pressure sensors can leak. Do you have an inspection mirror, or bore scope, to get a better look at it? Has it been replaced before?
This video shows the "short cut" way to replace the oil pressure sensor without removing the intake manifold that's normally called for. Interesting that there's no red lock on the electrical connector that was the norm for the past engines. If there's a clearance issue with using a ratchet, a pair of vice grips on the socket has worked for me in the past. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your wise advice. Not losing a lot of oil now, enough to mess up driveway, but that could change. Will post the outcome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jeep, that is a great video
! Think my plan is to remove intake, need tire place plugs anyway, and get a good look a the problem. Think it is a good time to replace some of the hard to get at coolant hose. Have 150,000 and it’s time in the Texas heat. Think I’m going back with the 3014 oil cooler assembly.

·
Super Moderator
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well finished replacing the oil cooler on my 2012 town and country. I replace it with the 2014 fits but uses a different filter. Was not that bad of a job. Problem I had was finding the socket for the bolts on the cooler, finding a toque wrench that worked and getting air out of the radiator system. Put plugs in also. I don’t think the cooler was bad think the seals were bad. The seals looked flat. Again not a hard job!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you replace the oil filter housing with Mopar or aftermarket?
Mopar was afraid of after market. Got it from Tucson mopar online and used the 2014 part. Cheaper and fit fine but different filter. After it was all over I think my only problem was the seals to the block, which u can replace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks. I've read there were several revisions to the 2014 housing before they got it right. How do you make sure what you order is the latest revision? Is it a different part number?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts