The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Touring edition van has 205K miles on the clock. Recently threw codes P0300 and P0302. No history on previous tuneup so new NGK plugs and new Delphi coil packs. Cleared codes and back on the road. When replacing spark plugs, noticed copious amount of oil in one of the spark plug tubes; noticed this tube and a couple others were higher than the rest. Codes came back within a couple hundred miles so took her apart again to reseal those spark plug tubes. Swapped spark plug from cylinder two with cylinder six and coil pack from cylinder two with cylinder four. Back together and on the road. Still have a rough idle in gear and P0300 has returned as "pending". What else should I be looking at? Van cruises great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at this time, just the P0300. I shall be taking the injectors out shortly (today or tomorrow) to clean and inspect them. More to follow after that.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,427 Posts
Gapped your plugs? Are you sure the plug tubes are dry still? Been a lot of dud coils out there recently, none that I know from Delphi though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NGK platinum plugs factory gapped. The four plugs I removed when cleaning and resealing the tubes had good appearance on the business end. Tubes remain dry now. Removed the injectors and cleaned them; reinstalling them today. More to follow.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,427 Posts
Never trust out-the-box gap. Plugs can get knocked around in shipping and the gap can be changed. It's pretty rare with NGK, but sometimes plugs are not consistently gapped at the factory. I've done pre-gapped plugs where most were right and a few were pretty far off. Verifying when installing keeps you from having to pull them out and check when things don't act right.

Reactions: belvedere

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reinstalled the injectors today with new o-rings. Swapped injectors cylinders two and five, now cylinder two does not have any of the original new items when the last instance of the P0302 code was set. The spark plug went to cylinder six and the coil pack to cylinder four as mentioned in a previous post. Shall take a short trip tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short trip, about 15 miles done, and the dastardly P0302 code set! To look back over what my analyzer tells me, that P0300 code prior to cleaning the injectors, a P0302 code (pending) immediately after cleaning them and starting the engine fresh, cleared that code and took a short trip and again the P0302 code (pending) set. Looking at the freeze frame data associated with these three occurrences, I see LTFT - bank one 0.8 percent all three times; LTFT - bank two -3.1, -5.5, and again -5.5 percent. Maybe a bad sensor somewhere? Maybe those injectors worn out; I don't think so. Took another short trip today and no code set this time! Was watching the LTFT bank two and it appeared to behave as expected! Giving it back to the granddaughter tomorrow and shall see how it goes. Thanks to all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts