The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
As it says above mine is acting up. Drives great a while then has an odd shift and then will not shift any longer. If I turn the key off. And restart it works fine again.
Took it to a great gear
Place and repair and service is 1000. Love the van most of it works ( rear tv system stopped acting normal after a map update)

thoughts? Bag it or repair and ride on to 220 maybe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just an update, I used used a local Shop, to replace the solenoid pack on my 2009. So far that has fixed the shifting issue. Now I have another problem that seems to be the speed sensor in a wheel?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go ahead and "bite the bullet" for the dealer to replace the sensors. I went 'round and 'round some time ago trying to reset them with the Mopar Magic Magnetic Donut Tool before opting for a fix.
Still have the tool - stuck to the side of my toolbox. Handy for retrieving some things, otherwise worth only serves as a reminder that Resistance Is Futile.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,566 Posts
So just an update, I used used a local Shop, to replace the solenoid pack on my 2009. So far that has fixed the shifting issue. Now I have another problem that seems to be the speed sensor in a wheel?
More likely some wire got loose during the process. If you want to change a speed sensor, I would first try the driver's side first.

No magical magnet needed, he probably heard people using magnets on tire pressure sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More likely some wire got loose during the process. If you want to change a speed sensor, I would first try the driver's side first.

No magical magnet needed, he probably heard people using magnets on tire pressure sensors.
Interesting. Before I had the Tranny solenoid pack changed it had come on twice before with the the dashboard lit up with lights and the airbag light but it went out in a day or so.

I got it our of the shop from the tranny work and about 5? Days later the lights came on, first without the airbag light but now with the light whenever the others light up.

MY little reader tool doesn’t see any codes for the lights being on but I read somewhere that the slip, ABS, brake and esp lights meant speed sensor?? Thoughts ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it could be. If you replaced one tire with a different size tire it might give you those problems.
Hmm. Ill need to look. I’m only changed 2 tires since Ive had it so maybe the back two are different sizes.

I can seem to love a chart for what the lights mean so I’m stabbing at ideas and help from here. I hate to see the dealer because well , I think they do the same thing I do , but I have to pay them lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still thinking its the wires loose or not plugged in all the way. They are on all the time now. I poked around under the hood pushing plugs in but no luck yet. Anyone know where the speed sensors plug into the Tranny ??? Or anything about them ?? Tire are all the same size, I’m clueless at this point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts