The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Grand Caravan SXT 3.3 flex
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Forums are AWESOME!
We just bought a 2008 GC cheap as a 4th vehicle to use as a stealth camper last weekend. I have already removed 2nd and 3rd row seats and built a bed platform. We camped in it 2 nights already...waaaay better than a tent!
I am on the Canadian west coast so plan to enjoy it's cavernous camping often.
It has a few little problems that I hope to sort out with the help of the people here.
Cheers

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4.0
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've seen other posts on this site about van campers.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,439 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've seen other posts on this site about van campers.
Yes, I've seen some other posts too. So far, I haven't seen a decent bed setup yet. All I've seen is some badly crafted made out of wood. I wouldn't even consider posting (sharing) pictures of something like that.

If I were to built one, I would secure it to the seat anchors on the floor for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is what i had planned on when I bought my van 2 months ago,and still do ! just have a long way to go my goal is to add solar and make it off grid ready by the end of next year . then I am packing to take off for at least 1 year

·
Registered
'20 DGC GT IB
25 Posts
Build what works for you. If you need to remove it quickly, build it for that. If its not going anywhere, then make it more solid like LEVY said.

This is what I'd be interested in doing to my van down the road. Now, just to find a good roof rack system for my not included factory rails roof top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts