The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a very hard time finding the leak detection pump filter, the dealership has the part itself discontinued and i tried finding it in all the common auto parts stores locally but none have this filter or the whole part itself. Right now im trying to figure out what i can do to handle this, much help would be appreciated. Here is the link:2001-2007 Mopar Ldp Base Bracket & Filter 4721398AB | Mopar Estores where it shows that part im looking for it's number 4 in the diagram. I attached1 picture showing the leak detection pump filter black plastic housing and then 5 pictures of the filter that is inside the leak detection pump filter black plastic housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The leak detection pump only runs for a few minutes. If the pump isn't clogged leave it alone, or blow it out with compressed air.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The leak detection pump only runs for a few minutes. If the pump isn't clogged leave it alone, or blow it out with compressed air.
Im actually referring to the leak detection pump FILTER not the leak detection PUMP. I actually replaced the leak detection pump on my 2003 dodge caravan on 02/06/2019.

·
Registered
717 Posts
04891564AC is the "filter," AFAIK. This includes the entire black canister you show in your pictures. I don't believe the actual filter media internal to that is intended to be serviceable...

4721398AB is this filter can plus the metal mounting bracket it snaps into, so basically the bracket is no longer available, but the filter can itself is.

Again, I don't believe the filter can is intended to be serviceable, but rather replaced as a whole.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04891564AC is the "filter," AFAIK. This includes the entire black canister you show in your pictures. I don't believe the actual filter media internal to that is intended to be serviceable...

4721398AB is this filter can plus the metal mounting bracket it snaps into, so basically the bracket is no longer available, but the filter can itself is.

Again, I don't believe the filter can is intended to be serviceable, but rather replaced as a whole.
I just placed an order

I placed an order today for 04891564AC, if im understanding correctly, are you saying that 04891564AC comes with the entire black canister that i show in one picture attachment that shows 2 black canisters? Also does the filter that comes inside black canister come with 04891564AC? im just trying to understand.

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the way is looks to me... here's a link with photo:

Chrysler is calling this the "FILTER" so I would assume it includes the internal filter media,
I really appreciate you, your patience and help for helping me find this part i need for my van, as i said i placed the order today from the link you provided me and as soon as i receive it in the mail i will let you know and post picture attachments. i haven't found the fuel filler neck nor the fuel tank either i really need those 2 parts as well.

·
Registered
717 Posts
These folks show a price for the tank but say you need to call for availability:

Same for a filler tube, though not matching the part number you are looking for:

Not clear to me what the difference is off-hand...

Don't know what the interchangeability of tanks is from one model year to another.

You may have to find a 2003 in a junk yard somewhere to be donor for these parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These folks show a price for the tank but say you need to call for availability:

Same for a filler tube, though not matching the part number you are looking for:

Not clear to me what the difference is off-hand...

Don't know what the interchangeability of tanks is from one model year to another.

You may have to find a 2003 in a junk yard somewhere to be donor for these parts.
In other words your saying its best for me to go to a junk yard and pull these parts of a 2003 dodge caravan if i happen to find one, am i understanding you correctly? im horrible with vocabulary so i apologize.

·
Registered
717 Posts
In other words your saying its best for me to go to a junk yard and pull these parts of a 2003 dodge caravan if i happen to find one, am i understanding you correctly? im horrible with vocabulary so i apologize.
No problem. Personally, I'd try hard to find them new if at all possible; however, if you absolutely cannot find them new then the junkyard is probably your last resort.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Another option, if you've got time, is to "save a search" on ebay so you'll be notified if somebody lists one for sale.

Here is a generic 03 caravan fuel tank search on ebay that turns up a couple used ones that supposedly fit an 03:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Angelo, I was saying that since the pump runs very little, you could probably run it without a filter. Also, how did you determine the filter was clogged up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Angelo, I was saying that since the pump runs very little, you could probably run it without a filter. Also, how did you determine the filter was clogged up?
I determined the filter was clogged up because i performed a smoke test, here is the video i filmed at the time so you can see.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts