The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This van was sitting for a little over a year due to a no crank, no start condition. I replaced the starter, but now it has to crank for about two seconds when cold. Once it's warmed up, the engine will start almost instantly. I tried priming the fuel system by turning the key to the on position a few times before starting it, but that didn't affect it. Then I started it, turned it off after a few seconds, and started it again. This time it started a bit faster, but not perfectly, so I let it run til the temperature gauge was at the 1/4 mark. After that, the car started up just fine. The van has 109k miles on it with original spark plugs and fuel injectors. Could these be the issue? Should I just accept it as it is, or does this point to a more serious issue? Any help would be appreciated.

The other major issue is that the front end of the van shakes from 50 to 65mph. Balancing the tires didn't work, but I've heard that I should try it again at a different shop because the first one might not have done it right. Another idea is that the tires might be deformed from sitting for a year, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts