Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a few lights
That came on and now the airbag light too. Speed sensor ?? And there are
No codes ?? Weird

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Well the brake light indicates the parking brake is set, or engaged, I've heard other members replace the parking brake spring mechanism on the rear and all the lights go away, not sure why a parking brake issue relates to traction control, abs and esp. But anyway, apparently that was some member's issues, anyone know more can comment.

As far as the airbag light goes, it means one of the sensors have been disconnected typically. You will need a scanner and figure out which sensor is faulty or disconnected.

Before you try anything, you should first try disconnecting the battery and touching the positive and negative leads together a couple times. This resets all the systems on board and removes all stored and active codes. If you reconnect the battery see which codes come back, if you're in luck, none will. The airbag light is a huge pain in the butt, some ripped the entire rear apart just to fix it.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
289 Posts
Interesting , I just started using the parking brake where I work ... hmmmmm
Try the battery disconnect and touch the leads together a bunch, see if they come back. If it came on since you started using the E-brake, maybe engage and disengage the E-brake a few times, if it's never used that can sometimes corrode the spring mechanism and then it won't work when you need it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts