The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dosent go into part or neutral what could be the problem and do I fix it
Sorry to hear that, the problem is the gear range sensor switch, also known as the neutral safety switch. But Chrysler has decided to put it under the valve body in the transmission, the only way to get to it is remove the transmission and valve body. You might be lucky and it's a broken or shorted ground..will be praying for you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sorry to hear that, the problem is the gear range sensor switch, also known as the neutral safety switch. But Chrysler has decided to put it under the valve body in the transmission, the only way to get to it is remove the transmission and valve body. You might be lucky and it's a broken or shorted ground..will be praying for you

Do the prindle lights work? So do you see the square outline for each gear?,. If not then it's electric. How pray for the cable. It might be mechanical

·
3rd gen > all others
3,021 Posts
I have seen people mess up the cable before. Does it shift into any gear? The end of the cable is a plastic socket that snaps over a metal ball on a lever on top of the transmission. If that socket broke or popped off, it won't shift into any gear. Could also be loose adjustment screws on that shift cable-to-socket piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts