The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

04 Pacifica Door Ajar Issue

15K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  georgef 
#1 ·
Hey all! My wife's 04 Pacifica passenger rear door ajar sensor is being triggered, causing the dome lights to turn on while the vehicle is in motion. After figuring out that the switch/sensor is actually built into the lock actuator, I proceeded to spray the crap out of it with WD-40 and manually retract the lock mechanism with a screwdriver to work it in real good. After a swift door slam, still no luck.

I next plan on pulling the negative terminal for a while to see if resetting the body control module does anything, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow, as it's cold an dark outside and I'm a baby.

So, I think I'll pull the mechanism and see if I can give it a good cleaning or at least discover exactly what is broken, and if that doesn't do the trick, and I'm not struck by any other bright ideas, I plan to replace the mechanism.

I have a few questions though. I'm failing to find a specific reference on any of the major online parts retailers to any REAR door lock actuator. Only front actuators. This leads me to believe that the front and rear actuators are identical. I've found some used ones on ebay that are labeled as rear and with the images provided they appear to be the same. Are they?

Also, while I'm waiting for parts to arrive, is it possible to bypass/hot-wire the switch so the dome light and chime and all the other crap turns off? It's more dangerous with all that happening than to just deactivate the thing.

Thanks for your input!

See less See more
#6 ·
I have moved this thread to the "Chrysler SUV/Crossover Vehicles" forum for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.