The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,181 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
11,948 Posts
The weather and your brake problem are connected. Your ac isn't connected to the problem except for the same weather.

The brake should be serviced to see what's sticking.

Intermittent brake sticking problems is usually due to a piston sticking. Can happen even after you run your hot brakes through a car wash.
There is a very slim probability of AC, for some very strange reason is activating hill assist.

If O.P. swears the AC is the problem, it could actually be. Not very likely but plausible.

Hill assist should disconnect as soon as you hit the gas pedal but, if in fact rear brakes are activating when AC is on, then everything is possible.

But then, hill assist was probably not an option back then.

·
fix it if you can
5,049 Posts
...you might be on to something here....where is the ABS fuse?
In Baron's picture below, there are two fuses associated with the ABS. A 25amp in the upper right and down two, see the 40Amp ABS/MOD pump
You want the 40 amp pump fuse (it can't actuate brakes if it can't modulate the pressure)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is a very slim probability of AC, for some very strange reason is activating hill assist.

If O.P. swears the AC is the problem, it could actually be. Not very likely but plausible.

Hill assist should disconnect as soon as you hit the gas pedal but, if in fact rear brakes are activating when AC is on, then everything is possible.

But then, hill assist was probably not an option back then.
....I can't swear that the AC is the problem.....that's why I came to this forum....I don't know for sure if it's related.....it just so happens that the only time they stick, is when the AC is on.....

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Did you try the test to drive with the A/C on and the 40A fuse pulled?

If for some 'funky' reason there is some electrical connection between the two, this should determine if it is proven.
Let us know. This is certainly a new one for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you try the test to drive with the A/C on and the 40A fuse pulled?

If for some 'funky' reason there is some electrical connection between the two, this should determine if it is proven.
Let us know. This is certainly a new one for me.
....I haven't done that yet, but I will try it soon.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts