The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on an 01 Voyager for a single mom in our church. The van is reporting an ABS issue. Left rear ABS sensor. I reset it with my tool and took it for a test drive and immediately the code came back. I have replaced sensor, reset the system and in less than a quarter of a mile the message reappears. Started reading a few posts on this board and started to think there may be something else going on. I used my code reader Innova 5410 to read all the module codes. The first surprise was that there was no VIN reported by the BCM. There were a number of error messages on the BCM module. Could this be a bad BCM or has it possibly been replaced by the previous owner?

·
fix it if you can
5,049 Posts
Welcome aboard,
Thank you for helping a fellow church member.

BCM should not set off an ABS code - CAB is responsible for ABS system...
Could be anything from faulty wiring to bearing / tone wheel to Controller Antilock Brake failure.

You best start by verifying good signal from LR ABS sensor (and perhaps the 3 others - in case your scan tool is giving you wrong location), then check wiring from sensor to CAB, and lastly look for corrosion on CAB / wiring/ connectors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Zberg3 - I had an '01 Voyager and had ABS light on too. I was just flipping the van, so had no history on it. Turned out that something weird was going on with the self-adjusters on the rear and the shoes were tightening up too much, triggering the system to think the wheels were locking up. I loosened them up. I also swapped both rear sensors, and the left side sensor, where it plugs in inside of some kind of housing, had pooled up with water and was totally submerged. I'm sure you would have seen that if it happened on yours, but check the wiring there for corrosion.

MT

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
So that left rear wheel hub was replaced and all is well?

Thanks for stopping back and letting us know.
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts